Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tanner is getting his summer haircut next Tuesday. I would love it if any F1b owners could post pictures of their doodles short haircuts so I can take them to my goomer.

She says Tanner has a very thin coat so she hates to cut him too short as he may sunburn...is that right? She mentioned spray on sun screen for dogs...is that safe?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Because Tyke so rarely sits still, here are a few of her "summer cut" photos. Boo's mom was kind enough to send me some pictures of his cut, and told me to ask for a #3 blade on the body cut. It looks a little short for the first couple of days, but if Tanner's hair grows like Tyke's, it seemed like she needed another cut in just a few weeks!

[/img]

(Third picture was about a month later - she went and got another trim!)
Tyke is a multigen, but Tanner's hair looks really similar to hers!

Also, light-skinned dogs can most definitely get sunburned! We always had to be careful with our Eskies in the summer - we would get them a shorter cut, so that they looked like little white German Sheperds, but never TOO close on the cut - their poor little pink hides would have FRIED! [/img]

·
Registered
189 Posts
Jofi is a multigen but her new-look pics could be useful. I'm going to post them under the 'stories' part of the forum.

I hope Tanner comes back how you want him. When I went to the groomers today, I took along a lovely pic of Peanut with a 2inch trim - and thanks to that, I got exactly what I wanted for Jofi.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well, I'd offer up Copper's summer cut but........ :lol:

Copper's skin did show thru his short cut. I contemplated sun screen but in the end I couldn't figure out how to get it on his SKIN and not his hair so I just kept him out of the sun as best I could.

Oh, and Copper boy is an F1B.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
thank you for a good laugh gene :)

Here are some from various haircuts (I'll leave the last haircut out...it was not pretty)...

We haven't had a problem with sunburn, but we always leave around 1/2 inch of hair.

G

·
Bella groomed using the grooming directions for a doodle that I downloaded for the groomer. Maybe someone has a link to them? They really helped the groomer alot.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
gene said:
Annie......was this the one you wanted?? :roll:
Annie, don't you DARE!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Peanut with 1/2 cut all over

Peanut with a 1in cut all over

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm trying to decide if I should have them take off the face hair and beard for summer...of course Gene has also given me something to consider :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Marley after his last cut. This was the best one he ever had IMO. Good luck, look forward to seeing Tanner next week

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Great thread! Annmarie, your comparison of 1/2 inch and 1 inch is really helpful. I'm going to go with the 1/2 inch. Charlie's hair grows so quickly and it will be HOT soon.

Deb

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greg, I really like how Marley's face is opened up. He looks great. I think he and Tyke have similar coats.

Tanner's hair grows down and forward on his head. Even after 1 week it seems to be too long and you can't see his eyes...and as someone said once, he looks like Gorgeous George the wrestler of long ago. :lol: :lol:

He is similar to Dexter but his head is curlier.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here is Copper, not with his fresh goom, but with about 1/2 inch growth on him. I offer it up so you will have an idea what the clean face, ears, tail :shock: may look like.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I really love the short face look Copper has...I always try to convince my husband to get Dex cut like that, but it hasn't worked yet :)

haha...Annie - if you get Tanner's face hair cut down then I'll know how Dex would look :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Annie, if you do please be prepared for the initial shock. It is a dramatic difference. I can't say that enough. However, you will see Tanner in a whole new light. New facial expressions you couldn't see before. His personality will really show thru in his face. At least those are the things I notice in Copper. And, the uniform growth of the new cut is especially nice, I think.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Doggonecrazy said:
Annie, if you do please be prepared for the initial shock. It is a dramatic difference. I can't say that enough. However, you will see Tanner in a whole new light. New facial expressions you couldn't see before. His personality will really show thru in his face. At least those are the things I notice in Copper. And, the uniform growth of the new cut is especially nice, I think.
I totally agree. When Marley first got "whacked" to a 1/2 inch, after the initial shock, and it was a shock we had not expected so heed the advice, we noticed the same thing. At first we just thought it was him geting older and less puppy like, but you see much more in his expressions with his hair shorter. It's interesting.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tim has been dragging his feet on this as well but now with so much to do, I think I can convince him :wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts