Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done these with their doodles? I talked to a local woman who treats humans and animals and teaches classes. She will treat Lincoln for 30.00 However, im also thinking of having her do our greyhound who is 14.

Michele

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

As this life energy flows normally through the body, nourishing and cleansing our organs and cells, it brings us good health and wellbeing. When the flow is disrupted or diminished to certain areas of the body by stress, mental/emotional problems or trauma in our lives, our body’s energy becomes unbalanced and we can experience health problems. Reiki, by bringing in renewing life force energy, brings our body’s energy back into balance and harmony, allowing the body to heal itself.

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

Our greyhound has received accupuncture and really really has some positive results from it and also chiropractic.

michele

·
Registered
448 Posts
My stress reduction technique is called "yard therapy." I go out and pull weeds!

Nicky has lots of "life force energy" and when it runs down a bit he takes a nap to re-energize!

I had not heard of Reiki. Does "laying on hands" mean massage?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holistic "thinking" tends to be much different.

It should be able to help him with any type of past trauma , neglect etc. There is also something with him and not taking to little girls and most men. However, he loves majority of woman.

Michele

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I don't know anything about Reiki, but it's only $30 and if your doodle has some stress I'd give it a shot. Kirby seems somewhat stressed, but the longer he is with us, the better it gets - however if I had something like that available for $30, I'd definitely consider it...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
I don't know anything about Reiki, but it's only $30 and if your doodle has some stress I'd give it a shot. Kirby seems somewhat stressed, but the longer he is with us, the better it gets - however if I had something like that available for $30, I'd definitely consider it...
Ditto.

Beau has his moments were you can tell he is stressed or overwhelmed. He goes into his cage on his own. And as my kids know that is Beau's area. Now if we can get Cacao to leave him alone when he goes into his cage.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i say try it! and Vanessa you're lucky

all 3 of my kids i gave nighly massages when it was bedtime untill they were full fledged teenagers.

NOW my doodles get nightly massages, they seem to really like them alot
sam ......beau loves them

NOW if i could only get my doodles to learn how to do massages on me hahahaaaaaaa
for now a nice hot bath under the skylight surrounding myself with blooming orchids is my little relaxer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts