Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found that whenever Boyd drank large amounts of water at one time he was in a growth spurt. Having said that, he still laps up a lot of water when he goes to drink. Must me the efficient side of him! :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Chesterpal said:
Don't forget about storing it in the beard so they can slop you with the wet chin.
And only temporary storage, so the can slop it through the house like hansel & gretel's trail of crumbs!! :lol:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
omg...Max when younger could have made a camel jealous with how much water he'd drink...he slowed down a bit when he was 6.5mos old.
Peanut is the same way too...drinks like a horse at times.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I don't think I'd worry too much about her drinking "problem". She has access to water at all times and she will drink when she's thirsty. If she drinks while she's still panting she might choke on the water and vomit. She might just be waiting until she catches her breath, like humans do before we drink. As long as she is healthy, that's enough for me!

Cinnamon drinks like that, goes for a long time and then drinks like a camel. It's just her way.

If you are really worried about it, put another source of water in an other room and see if she doesn't drink in that, bypassing the "water bowl" for the "better" water! In the summer, we have a bucket of water that Cinnamon will go out of her way to drink out of, walking right past her water bowl to the outside just to drink out if it and want right back in again! It's the same water out of the same well, it's just that it's in a different container.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
I agree, nature will take its course...I wouldn't worry unless there seems to be a serious problem with intake. Usually that would go along with not eating too...indicating a blockage. But I think that everything sounds a-ok at your house!
We use the travel bowls when we travel and they are okay in an emergency, but our dogs don't really like them much. I usually just keep a cheap plactic double bowl in the car...in case!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Fred will also drink huge amounts of water at a time, but he also insists on having the water in the bowl changed frequently. Sometimes it needs changing from all of the beard debris, but other times, he just wants a fresh bowl even though it looks find--I can tell cause he will just keep on walking by the bowl until someone gives him fresh water--and if I don't get to it fast enough he will go and drink from the toilet.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
sessa35 said:
You know you're soo right....I've seen it with other dogs....I guess I never thought about that (her two water bowls are the same--inside/out...when we're out on the town or in the canyons, we use plastic bowls...).... :idea: :D

I'll try varying the water containers inside and out....this should definately help...in the very least, it will be a fun experiment and Mija will be well hydrated! :lol:

hahahaha--Paul's chuckling that she'll re-hydrate the lawn even more!!! :lol:

do people have luck with those collapsable travel/hiking bowls? the ones made of tough nylon...or, do they just become chew toys? :oops:
WE were given those collapsible trave/hiking bowls for xmax. They work great but i DON'T leave them out like a regular water bowl or they would become a chew toy! For a quick drink while on the road they're great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts