Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if there is a post on this. I tried to search but didn't find what I was looking for.

Can you guys recommend the best books/resources on Labradoodles and even puppies in general? I know when it comes to kids books, some are much better than others so I suspect it is the same for puppies. I want to make sure I get the best information...but I have a lot to learn since the last time I had a puppy I was only 5 years old!!! I figured it was better if I did some reading before I asked a million questions on here.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi,

I loved "Raising Puppies and Kids Together"

The Monks of New Skete "The Art of Raising a Puppy" really helped me determine the temperment I was looking for in a puppy and how to identify it.

"Another Piece of the Puzzle: Puppy Development" is a very good reference on socialization and development stages and is a very quick read.

"How to Housebreak your Dog in seven Days" was the book we used to determine our potty training strategy. It also is a very quick read!

Heather

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
You must read Marley & Me
and if you do everything to the opposite
you will have a well trained dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bahaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa
You will need lots of tissue for this book though.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Speaking of "Marley and Me", did you guys see where they are going to start work on the movie to be released next year, YIPPEE!!!!! It is going to star Jennifer Aniston and the blonde guy that played Dupree. I can't wait to see it. I hope it does the book proud. Movies usually aren't as good as the books.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Movie??

"Marley And Me" will be waiting anxiously for that one. As you can plainly see, Marley is not anything like the book Marley!!! He is far to dignified.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts