Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten tired of taking Dex out on a leash to go potty...he's almost 2 yrs old! So I started letting him go out himself. I tell him to "go potty"...right after he goes I shake the treat bag and tell him "Dexter come". It's amazing the results...haha...I don't even have to shake the bag now...he comes when I call him...for now :wink:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.S. Recall is my only current recourse to otherwise unchecked barking in the backyard by my lil' neighborhood gossiper Mija!! --yes, other dogs in the our 'hood answer back!
haha...it's a saving grace with Kirby too. He will listen to "Kirby come" inside when he's barking at a dog walking by...of course after he comes and is told "good boy" he normally goes back to bark some more :shock:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
P.S. Recall is my only current recourse to otherwise unchecked barking in the backyard by my lil' neighborhood gossiper Mija!! --yes, other dogs in the our 'hood answer back!
haha...it's a saving grace with Kirby too. He will listen to "Kirby come" inside when he's barking at a dog walking by...of course after he comes and is told "good boy" he normally goes back to bark some more :shock:
LOL Annabelle likes to sneak back out too- that's when the doggie door gets blocked off :wink:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
While my dogs are cheering for Dexter (and Kirby) I AM CHEERING FOR LESLIE!!! Good job Leslie!!!! :D
You know, when people write in with these issues for their pups, I often think, "Give him a little time, before you know it he will be surprising you..." and Dexter certainly has proven this theroy! (Still I acknowledge that without your persistant and loving guideance, you'd still be having those challenges...so my hat is off to you, Leslie!)

G

·
Great job Dex and Leslie! I really need to work on this with Maya. She was doing really good but I messed up and now she won't come when I call her anymore.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hey, Congratulations! It feels good when it works, doesn't it?

I think treats are the way to go. If you need a consistent response, be consistent with treating. It would be great if they would respond without it but I don't mind using a bribe. :)

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I AM CHEERING FOR LESLIE!!! Good job Leslie!!!!
haha...thanks Jac. Don't cheer too much yet...Dexter still goes in and out of these listening/not listening stages :) He's just such a goofball and things life is one big game :D Here's to hoping he is starting to mature a bit :)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is an old post :) Update - Dex still has selective hearing...HAHAHA...however his recall is excellent when I shake the treat bag...amazing, huh?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
lmtoth2 said:
this is an old post :) Update - Dex still has selective hearing...HAHAHA...however his recall is excellent when I shake the treat bag...amazing, huh?
It's like magic!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Mine have pretty good recall......unless there's a squirrel, then an atomic bomb wouldn't get Miko to move!!

Great job to the both of you!!

And for shaking a bag of m and m's.....I'm there!! :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts