Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who feed raw:

Ever since I got Sadie, I've been giving her NV raw medallions as a "treat" or supplement to her kibble & canned.
She is now turning up her nose at just about anything other than raw! Do you think she's trying to tell me something?;)

Here's my question. I know you're supposed to rotate what you feed them...however, how often? Right now in my freezer I have the venison medallions. Can I go out and get her the beef patties and do one in the morning and one at night OR should I do one kind of meat one week and one the next, etc.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
When starting out feeding Raw most folks start with Chicken. I started buying chicken quarters in bulk for .69# After two weeks I introduced Pork Picnics again at .69 per # It's important to watch the stool to make sure your balance is correct. Optimally you want 10% Bone 10% Organ meats (liver,kidney) and 80% meat. If you feed too much organ meats the stools get loose, too much bone it gets hard and turns lighter color. After that protein was accepted we added Lamb,Fish,Beef in two week intervals. On several occasions we overfed organ and had to give pumpkin and SEB to harden the stools however Abby never had any accidents in the house nor did she seem uncomfortable. At nine months old she eats all the above with no issues. I've noticed that Raw feeding allows her to eat as much as she wants because she does not overeat. In fact sometimes she actually fasts a day on her own!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Raw food

I have a standard labradoodle puppy just 4 1/2 mths old and a 10 yr old standard poodle. These dogs are BARF fed and I think it is the only way to go. I live on Norfolk Island and my labradoodle (Hugo the Boss) came from Tasmania. The breeder will only give a health guarantee if the BARF book is purchased along with the puppy. All their puppies start on BARF food from the time they are weaned. BARF feeding is becoming more and more popular in Australia and seems to be prefered by the majority of top breeders and vets, from what I can ascertain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts