Labradoodle Forums banner

Rapid Breathing.

25K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  jjsslblabmom 
#1 ·
We just got a 11 week old labradoodle yesterday..... I noticed when he is sleeping he is breathing very fast..... Can someone please ease my mind.... I feel like a brand new mom again.... Is this normal????

#3 ·
I can't promise nothing is wrong with him, but I remember when Sandy was a baby I called my best friend in the middle of the night to ask him if that was normal... he laughed at me and said yes. Sandy is 10 months old now and absolutely fine :)

#4 ·
I'm kind of afraid to answer this too, but I've had a couple pups in my time who did that... No problema! It's when they PANT excessively or COUGH or WHEEZE that I get worried.

But of course, the responsible answer is: Consult your dog's vet.

G
#5 ·
Ok, I counted Bella's breathing when we brought her home and called the vet in a panic, it was incredibly rapid (even though she was asleep and seemed fine). He told me not to worry, puppies do this sometimes. I would still check with your own vet though.

#6 ·
Thanks

Just want to say thanks for all your responses...... I feel much better.... Harley has an appointment with the vet next week after the holidays. He doesn't do this rapid breathing thing all the time and he is eating playing and pooping just fine...(lol) I think he will be OK. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

#8 ·
hahhaa I remember so well when Max did that as a puppy, i'd lie next to him and worry hahhahaa!!

i forgot how long they do this but i do know Peanut was a rapid breather too when a small puppy.

Beau needs an atom bomb to wake him up when he naps and as they say
"let sleeping dogs lie"

i'd still ask your vet about it when you go next week, if anything to ease your worries

#9 ·
Same here...Marley did that as a young puppy as well. Has not done it for long time, but it concerned me when it happened. I mentioned it to the vet on a subsequent visit, and she said his lungs sounded fine and was not concerned. No problem later.

#10 ·
Just have to jump in here and offer reassurance...took Sadie to her vet yesterday (she's almost three months) and I mentioned the same thing to her. She said the rapid breathing while sleeping was just part of her "personality". I think it's part of her doodlehood! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.