Labradoodle Forums banner

raisins and grapes!!!

3082 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  angelakj
I don't know if you've heard this before or not but grapes and raisins are toxic for dogs and cause renal failure. My sister's dog ate a 1.5 oz box of raisins last night and they are watching her closely after inducing vomiting and doing blood work. Here's an article about it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Thanks Angela. I hope your sister's dog is OK.
I have always fed my dogs grapes. Crazy that they aren't good for dogs. I hope your sisters dog will be ok.

Is coconut on the list? Our lab swiped a bag of sweetened shredded coconut. I didnt realize it but then he threw up the weirdest worms and THEN I realized the coconut was missing. He continued to throw up three more days and wouldn't eat. On day three a tightly packed "chocolate" covered coconut roll came out. I think it was blocking him and we are lucky it passed. Of course the vet was on alert and we were monitoring him closely.

You can never tell with these little angels and they are so fast to swipe!
Is there something to feed them to help if they have eaten grapes? What about dried cherries?

Mazzy is doing ok so far. She had about 72 hours of extreme danger and once she passed that she would probably be ok. The vet said that if you know your dog ate grapes or raisins you should give 2T of Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting. If no whole fruits are in the vomit they should have their stomach pumped immediately at the vet. Mazzy is really old so I hope she doesn't have lasting effects. Anyway, just to let you know - don't feed your doodles trail mix.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.