Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dexter seems to develop new quirks every day. Some are endearing, some are exasperating, and all are funny. And when he decides on a quirk, no amount of cajoling is going to wet his enthusiasm, until he drops it for another.

1. He hates (loathes) mouth noises of any kind. Kevin can make some pretty cool mouth noises. Kevin went as far the other day as blowing a raspberry on his tummy. We found out raspberries are the worst mouth noises. He had his mad on for 2 days. Do not tell me they have 5 minute memories, I will argue.

2. Potty time - This has many sub-quirks, all developed with great thought. First there was the "try to bring in a stick" method. You would be amazed how stealthy they can be when trying to pull off a no-no. Then there was the "try to take out a toy" method. See above. Then there's the "have to walk in circles around mommy five times or so while she stands with the leash ready, even if it's urgent" bit of fun.

3. Toaster (can substitute microwave if something yummy is present) - I/we eat lots of toast when hubby is gone. It's easier than cooking when you just want a nibble. Toast is Dex's favorite nibble. When the toaster pops, he will rise from a complete sleep to run to the cabinet and supervise the buttering of the toast. He can hear the toaster pop from the next door neighbors if need be, and will tackle you to beat you to it.

4. Cannot abide hands under the blankie - This is a new one. When you go to bed at night, you cannot and must not put your hands under the blankie. He will dig, fish, or otherwise wreak destruction to get your hands out. Once they are freed, he will position his butt end under freed hand so it can be scratched. If hand slips back under blankie, repeat. This is endless, until he is told it's night-night time, knock it off!

There are many others, too numerous to mention.

So tell me your doodle quirks! I think they're a sign of brilliant minds, with too much time on their paws.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
1. He hates (loathes) mouth noises of any kind. Kevin can make some pretty cool mouth noises. Kevin went as far the other day as blowing a raspberry on his tummy. We found out raspberries are the worst mouth noises. He had his mad on for 2 days. Do not tell me they have 5 minute memories, I will argue.
Kirby HATES mouth noises...we found this out by my husband making silly noises and Kirby freeked out :shock: Dex thinks they're funny but gets too excited and jumps up to dance w/my husband...haha

2. Potty time - This has many sub-quirks, all developed with great thought. First there was the "try to bring in a stick" method. You would be amazed how stealthy they can be when trying to pull off a no-no. Then there was the "try to take out a toy" method. See above. Then there's the "have to walk in circles around mommy five times or so while she stands with the leash ready, even if it's urgent" bit of fun.
haha...you said a mouthful there. Just now Kirby tried to sneak a tennis ball inside. Well he actually succeeded this time (fooled me) and snuck upstairs to chew on it. My husband caught him. Dex tries to sneak rocks in all the time!! They both try so hard to hide it in their mouths, but Dex makes a funny face when something is in his mouth and it gives him away :)

they are funny little guys aren't they? :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Interesting!

Charlie actually loves mouth noises. Blowing in his face is an invitation to play. You'd think it would be annoying but he likes it. :?

Lucky's the one who is always trying to take toys out to the backyard. Today the snow has melted, its muddy and the ground is littered with tennis balls, pink squeaky toys, rope toys... you name it. We are looking quite trashy right now. :wink:

Substitute any kitchen activity for toaster around here. There is a cookie jar on the counter with dog treats. If anyone is within 10 feet of it, the dogs are in the kitchen, sitting nicely and waiting. If the fridge door opens, the excitement level rises. That's where we keep the fish cookies and baby carrots.

And speaking of that five minute memory, Charlie definitely remembers wiping his feet. If it is muddy or he sees a towel in the kitchen, he will stand on the porch and refuse to come in. This is particularly troublesome when I need to go somewhere quickly.

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
These quirks are really funny! that's what i love about Doodles
their loving but quirky comical ways!!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
This is fun and they are so funny ............
When it is time to cut nails and groom all the cats, I set up a table and get all the supplies ready. I shake a bag of cat treats and the first one to line
up is .............Denver. He then gets his ears done and I always put a dog biscuit in the top of the cat treat bag. He watches where the treat comes from and if it is not from the same bag that the cats get then he walks away...............Silly Doodle

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she is free to handle her toys whenever, and yes, she'll pee while still holding a toy in her mouth!! LOL!!
If we could accomplish this I would ease up on the rule. But so far, toy/stick/object must be pried from lips before the water works will "work" :lol: :lol:

Sue, that's too funny! Denver knows the cat treats are better.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Rumor does not like kisses with noise....he jerks his head back like saying WTH???

Jonah is the household eye booger remover. He used to do this only to Miko when her eyes were really runny. He still does this and has now started doing Rumor's eyes also. If I stay in bed too long in the morning....I too get my eye boogers (whether I have them or not) removed also.

At least once a week, Miko will dig to find my feet under the covers just to give me a total foot bath. If I pull away, she starts the procedure all over again. :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quirks

Stella always after first bowl in the morning brings her bowl into kitchen and drops it on the tile floor and stands there until she gets her extra half cup.

She goes crazy after our hands if we put gloves on, but if we wear a sweat shirt and pull hands up into sleeves(hand disappears) she starts looking all around and is amazed when hand reappears.
Loves dragging large sticks into sunroom and stores them there to munch on later. Also loved playing in lawn sprinkler and once brought that into the sunroom one late evening while it was on........wife wasn't amused by that one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dexter's quirks had my laughing! Oh goodness. I can relate to a few of those. Noodle is the same and her quirks change daily.

A couple days ago, she decided that the hood on my jacket was evil. I swear she must think something has swallowed my head or something. She just plain freaks out if the hoodie goes on and she didn't SEE it go on.

So, if I come out of the bedroom with the hoodie up, or around the corner, or god forbid she was outside when I put my hoodie up, she will freak out when she sees me again. I've tried talking to her to let me know it's me. I've tried ignoring her. I've tried everything and the only thing that seems to work is if I take the hoodie off, let her see my whole head and then put the hoodie back on again.

She might give me one more little "humph" bark but then she'll be ready to trot off to the barn like nothing happened.

The funniest part is that we can avoid this whole mess if I just make sure she sees me put the hoodie on in the first place.

What a goofy girl!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Copper does not like me to sing the words "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen" in my "deep" voice. He gets a very concerned expression and comes and gets right in my face. :lol: I don't remeber how that ever got started but I still do it now and then just to mess with him. :wink:

Jett does not like you to give any attention to Copper in her presence. She is very pushy in letting you know that SHE is there. :lol: She could be sleeping under the bed and you will here her whine if you start making a fuss over Copper. :shock:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
haha...Dex and Kirby both pee with their toys/sticks in their mouths too :)

I have mentioned this one before, but the one Dex does that cracks us up is that we must put him in the car before Kirby. If we put Kirby in first he looks out the back of the car (shunning us) the entire ride...it's really funny.

That photo of Stella bringing her food bowl is hilarious!

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Denver has a big plush hamburger and he looks pretty
funny outside doing his business with that in his mouth
Will try to get a picture.

I love the picture of Stella with the bowl, just too adorable............

G

·
Maya has too many to mention. She loves to bring in "nature" from outside. Leaves, sticks, rocks, pine cones, whatever. I see it in her mouth and say no nature in the house. Sometimes she will try to wait me out but she always ends up spitting whatever it is out. And I do mean spit. She will turn her head and spit the object out and then trot in the house.

She also has a love of cat toys and I can always tell when she has one cause she comes by with her jaws clamped down. I have to pry her mouth open to get the treasue out. Most things she will drop when asked but not cat toys!

She also has stash sites where all her prized possesions go. The is one under the spare bed and one in the sea grass in the backyard. If I am missing a sock I check there first.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
This is a great topic...your doodles are hilarious.

Tanner's favorite number is two. When he plays fetch he has to have two things. Two fuzzy balls, a fuzzy ball and a Nyla bone, rawhide braid and ball, cat's toy and ball...what ever it has to be two.

He also has to have his pacifier (ball, tank bone or other toy) with him whenever he goes outside. If he starts to forget, he runs back in the house to get something to carry around with him.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
mine is when Max and peanut do a tug of war with their skunk or racoon under Beau's belly :shock: with Beau sliding back and forth till he realizes he should be in on 3 way tug of war hahhahaaa
silly doodles!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelles best is the camera - turn a camera on and she hears the zoom and comes running and sits in front of the camera person - she can be sound asleep other end of house downstairs and still comes running.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
annabelles mom said:
Annabelles best is the camera - turn a camera on and she hears the zoom and comes running and sits in front of the camera person - she can be sound asleep other end of house downstairs and still comes running.
I guess that explains all the gorgeous photos! LOL! Charlie HATES the camera. I think it is the flash but he avoids it if he can. I have a zillion pictures of the back of his head.

Deb

G

·
Hahahah, thses are great! Bella attacks gloves on hands, especially leather. She also does this thing in the morning where she tries to talk more than her usual yawning sound which is a squeal. This is a very deep "shnuffle, harrumph" that comes from low in her throat. Hard to describe, but it is very funny when she tries to wake up the kiddies in their beds by doing it.
And Santa brought our 6 y/o an adorable, BIG stuffed lab who now stands guard at out front door sidelights, EVERY morning Bella jumps from the landing to the floor and checks out the lab by sniffing it's butt...it's like she's hoping it came alive overnight! :lol:

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
And Santa brought our 6 y/o an adorable, BIG stuffed lab who now stands guard at out front door sidelights, EVERY morning Bella jumps from the landing to the floor and checks out the lab by sniffing it's butt...it's like she's hoping it came alive overnight!
that's funny :) Didn't Bella have fun with some sort of toy horse in your basement?

I just remembered another silly quirk - Every morning Kirby will wake up , shake himself (very loudly), and does his morning stretches...once he has done this Dex starts his morning yawns which are SO loud :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts