Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got Quin clipped a few weeks ago. We ended up going with the clip instead of a scissor cut. She did a #1 (that being the longest possible, which - I think - is different than for people, for whom the #1 is shortest a barber does with the clippers?) with a "teddy bear" face. I think she did a nice job. He looked great - just skinny! How quickly it grows though! In only a few weeks he is getting quite shaggy again. So far no matting though. He is 7 months - so I am assuming he'll start blowing his puppy coat any time now. I think we'll just go ahead and have him clipped again rather than try to keep up with the brushing - now that I know what to expect and and comfortable with it.

Before:

After:

We went out of town for two weeks. Quin stayed with neighbors. They totally fell in love with him. They pet-sit a LOT of dogs in the neighborhood and they said they never fall for a dog the way they did for Quin. They didn't want to give him back! He was such a good boy for them and they said he is such a love / so cuddly. We are so lucky!

·
Registered
853 Posts
He looks darling both ways! That's wonderful that you have such great neighbors to leave him with when you go out of town and that he was so good for them. :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
This is a very good haircut! They left his face looking like a doodle and not a Poodle! (Most people think that they have to give them a Poodle look...)

He is an adorable puppy and it appears that he is as loving as he is cute! I am always so happy to hear about the reactions to these dogs...they are almost always positive, but it sounds like Quinn is a real charmer!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is such a good guy! We took him to a party this past weekend (a weekend-long camping party at our friends' house in a rural area - lots of land) and there were 8 other dogs, at least a dozen kids - from newborn to teenagers - and all the parents. Quin got a lot of "positive feedback" along the lines of "he is only 7 months? he is so well behaved!" He really is a great ambassador for the breed! :wink: Of course, we've worked with him a lot - but it has been pretty easy becuase he is so clever, and he really wants to please us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts