Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one doodle does a doodle500, is it a doodle1000 with two? The kids were going nuts in the yard this morning. I had my chair near the house, Jonah was zigging behind me, Miko was zagging in front of me! :shock: I would have gotten the camera, but I was afraid for my life if I moved from the chair!

All is peaceful now......til the next round! :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Sounds like it was pretty wild at your house this morning! It is a little unnerving when they get that crazed look in their eyes as they go whizzing past just barely missing you. No video necessary, we can easily picture Jonah and Miko tearing around you back yard. Glad you survived! :)

I was describing doodle 500's to a friend who has a non-doodle dog. She laughed and said she calls it the spin cycle on her dog who runs around like that after her bath.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
NOW if you have more than one car at the INDY 500 racing...it's still a indy 500 but more fun with more than one!!!

seems late at night this past week is when Max and Peanut do the Tazmanian doodle 500runs !

·
Registered
523 Posts
Gene, Boyd just did a "doodle 1000" all by himself!!! It's a beautiful day here in Northern Virginia and Boyd loves it! He grabbed a sock and took off all around the yard - missing me by a hair.....

Shhhh, now he's sleeping. Gotta love it!! :lol:

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lora, funny you should say the "just missed" thing. My fenced yard is split into a dog run and the yard. Miko & Jonah were doing their 500 each, when Miko zooms into the dog run, watching Jonah, and ran into me full force! :shock: I barely kept my balance as she revved up again, winked at me, and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM, of again! :lol:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
The park/school where I take Denver to play with
his buddies is huge.
Can someone please explain to me why Denver and his buddies who
have probably a half acre or better to run, Always take one of us humans
out by tripping us up. They have to always zoom right by our legs.
Bahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa it cracks me up with all the room in the world
they have to zoom in on us.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Sue its the same reason inside my too big house both doodles have to play on top of my legs and lap....and outside not only run into me at times and I have gone flying really good recently,have also ran head ON into my face 2 times now :roll: 6 acres to do doodle 500 runs and for some reason i am HOME BASE hahahaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle does the same thing - back yard not huge but good size, prob 100x100 and with all that space, my legs are what she chooses to use for agility posts :roll:

G

·
Maya and her friends will do the same thing. Doesn't matter how much rrom they have. I think it's a contest to see who can take out the humans first!!! Doggie Bowling.....should be a new sport!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sue ... same thing here at the dog park. The wrestling, the running, the rolling in the dirt ... all around the adults! :shock:

Someone will periodically shout "Unlock you knees!" when a large pack is charging. Good advice as many of Ebbe's buddies could take out two or more humans at once!

I like to think they are so close as they play because they know we will protect them if things get out of hand.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
One night a few weeks ago, iwas out back around 10pm letting my two doodleshave their "doodle500" run around a 30+ft tall evergreen.

Next thing I know whoooooooooosh my feet are up in the air hahaha and i go flying and do a flip finally landing in the grass and slide a bit. I could not stop laughing HOWEVER Dave was in the house putting on the floodlights when he saw me go up in the air and was mad at 1st. Said i could have broken a leg....i said the only thing hurt was my pride hahahaa

it reminded me of a cartoon when someone goes flying on a banana peel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts