Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my breeder is still taking 7-10 days to respond to e-mails. We have also reconsidered our budget, and realized that we can still afford a puppy. Right now the BF and I are considering just losing our deposit and going with another breeder. We're looking for chocolate multi-gen's, and Glenden just e-mailed me and said that they have 2 chocolate multi-gen females that are available at the time that we're looking to get a puppy. I know that quite a few of you have gotten puppies from them, and I was wondering if you could give me some references? In addition, we're also looking at Cherry Valley Labradoodles and Kingdom Labradoodles. If anyone has any references for them, as well, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks! I want to do this research the right way this time!

Kristen

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kristen, I can't help with any of that, but I just wanted to say.....When I die, I want to come back as your puppy. You have put so much time and effort into this. Which ever puppy you end up with, is going to be the luckiest puppy on earth!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks! The way I see it is that everyone in our families thinks that we're too young to get a puppy... SOO if I don't do this right, and the puppy doesn't behave itself around others, then they're all going to say "I told you so." So unfortunately getting a puppy to my family is a symbol of us growing up.

But besides that, this is a big commitment- about 15 years- so its important to us to make the right decision now. Although, the BF is getting annoyed at the whole situation. Between our current breeder's lack of timely responses, and my now sudden hunt for another puppy. But I'm sure it'll work out in the end.

Thanks for the compliment!
Kristen

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Krsten I don't have any knowledge at all of the places you mention and I know you are not quite ready now...BUT Deb, from A Sky View Labradoodles has a lovely litter of chocloate Australian Multigens ready now, and she is asking a very, very reasonable price because this is her first litter. She is in CA, and she has been wonderful with her pups. Now, I believe, she is starting potty training.
You might want to check with her!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I would do as jac suggested and check with Deb if you are now set on multi gen choc, but rather than try to find people on a board that have experience with a breeder I would ask the breeders you are considering for references and make sure that they are aware that you are shopping around.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Kristen I really wish you luck!! it is not an easy deicsion. and Good breeding is essential along with a good natured breeder. I am lucky my breeder lives 4mi down the road and in fact tonight i am going to see her new goldendoodle litter i will be helping to socialize :D

I think perhaps you may want to follow the other breeders suggestions and contact Deb

I wish you all the best and know it isn't easy as it is a 15yr committment but well worth it if you get the right temperament and health

1 - 6 of 6 Posts