Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Our family finally got a labradoodle! Actually, labradoodles! (My husband fell in love with our puppy's brother - so we came home with two!). They are doing really well. We have had them a week. But I have a few questions that I thought you experienced doodle owners might be able to help me with..... 1) when can I stop getting up at night to let them out to pee? They are thirteen weeks old. They haven't been crying to go out - I just have been waking up to take them out on my own around 2 am. I go to bed around 10, and get up around 6, so I was thinking that might be too long for them to hold it. They snuggle together in a crate at night. Also, 2) Which on-line dog supply company does everyone like? I would like to buy Bongo and Jerry some nylabones, nail trimmers, ear cleaner, kongs, etc. Is there a favored discount site? Also: How can I post a picture of my new babys to show everyone? They need to be shown off! Thanks. Annemarie.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi! Welcome! You guys are brave to get two doodle pups at the same time. I know this, because I did it, too! George and Gracie are now 8 months old and we have had a rollicking ride! Lots of joy and lots of challenges, but we are soooo in love with them!

I'll bet you can start leaving them in their crate all night about now. You will still have some accidents, I imagine, but if you take them out last thing at night (and make sure they actually 'go') and are up by 6 they may surprise you and go all night. It's hard to say, because with two you never know which one of them had the accident (s) but I know my guys were sleeping through the night by 13 weeks, with occasional lapses. If you go a few nights and they keep having a problem you can always go back to taking them out during the night for another week and try again.

If you go back to the forum you will find a couple of threads that will tell you how to post photos. I'd put the link in here now, but I don't know how! Oh, well, someone will know.

Welcome and best of luck with your pups!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
We got Dakota at 8 weeks and I got up at least once a night--sometimes twice--to let him out. After the first week with him, someone on this forum suggested we move the crate into our bedroom--it was in the living room--so we could hear if he whined to get out. From that point on, he almost always has slept through the night. I think he appreciates not being bothered!
Diane

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new pups

Thanks K9, Seazr and 2doodsmom (appropriate name!). I got up again last night to take Bongo and Jerry out, but I think it was because I was excited to see them! I love this forum - I seem to log on to it a couple of times a day. Great advice, and great enthusiasm! I am going to order some nylabones right now from dog.com. Thanks. And I will load some pictures later today. It is unbelievable how different the two brothers look, and act. Jerry is smaller, more tenacious, and eager to learn. His coat is scruffy, and he has a distinct "orphan-like" appearance. Bongo is absolutely beautiful, shy, and larger than his brother; he seems to take after the "poodle" more, with long legs and a curly coat. Ciao for now!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is a GREAT site for supplies, just got an order yesterday and as an example, we picked up an XL pet bed to go in Bandit's crate (perfect fit) for $15. Anywhere else was ~$10 more for that item.

www.petsuppliesdelivered.com or www.omahavaccine.com same site, two domains Reference Customer #14320824 on your order within the notes field to receive $5 off your first order! (Thanks Maureen)

For posting pics, utilize the main page, photo galllery to store them, or your own photo storage online hosting site.
Then this is the syntax:
"
"
i.e. www. labradoodle-dogs.net/gallery/bandit.jpg (remove space within your url)
(Remove quotations)
Its that easy!

With letting out throughout the night. We never really had the issue. For the first week or two (up to ~11/12 weeks) we got up @ 2/3 to let him out and then breakfast etc @ 6.

I typically am up until midnight/1 AM so I let him out before going to bed and put him out again when I get up at 6. There are times that have extended beyond that and havent had an issue. I dont like to make him wait more than 6 hours, but occasionally it happens either through the night or during the day (if one of us cant break away @ noon).

We have been feeding three times a day, 2cups per feeding, but I do believe we are going to transition to a 2 times a day, 3 cups per schedule.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pictures from Annemarie

Hi Keith, k9, 2doodlesmom, et al: I think I have done it, thanks to Keith's directions... my new pups are posted under stories about our labradoodles. Jerry is white, bongo is tan. Pretty cute, heh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts