Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone hope y'all had good holidays.

Question 1: DO DOODLES growth slow down at 6mos?

Question 2: Max's coat seems to really wavy almost curl up, then later go flat-er, then wave up more etc. hhhahaa it's like sometimes hehas bad hair days :wink: He's 6mos and wonder when their coat seems to settle in.

Question 3: Max seems to be losing puppy fuzz for the past few weeks. I brush him 3-4 times a week barely getting hair in the brush. But when I bend down to pick something off the floor, oh boy there's this downy-like puppy fuzz all along the baseboards and under furniture.
Is this what you call blowing puppy fur??? and does it stop? just curious is all

thanks for any and all answers....Max hit 6mos old last week, is hitting 24in high and approx 55lbs

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
He will still grow some seem like about 8 or 9 months they hit the height they are going to be they still will fill out some in weight though.

He should blow his puppy coat at about 9 months or so it varies and that can take several months brushing once a week will help it come out faster.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Otto is almost 10 month, I brush him each day and get a lot of fluff from him.His coat is peculier, his head face neck and chest is curly but the rest of him is frizz, will this turn to curls? or should I have him clipped? help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Angie....one of Max's playmates is same age and same coat...like he has both a wool and fleece coat.
She has Cally clipped and it helped.

Max has a fleece coat with waves almost turning into curls. I brush him every 2 days. I have this rubber brush with long handle. It gets up the fuzz faster than a vacuum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts