Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peanut who never sheds seems to be blowing some fur as of past week or so. It is NOT on our clothes just fuzzies on floor and/or in brush
but it's more than usual.....does anyone else have 15mos old or older doodles that seem to blow their coat at all that are nonshedders usually?
and parts of her coat will matt a tiny bit if she's not brushed at least 3 times a week ....then again her coat was clipped last november and she's getting the polar bear look again.

NOW Max who used to shed moderately --- for past 2mos he barely sheds , he's 21mos. I 've heard of other doodles hitting 2yrs+ and stop shedding.

So I am curious if doodles do go through more coat changes in blowing coat and/or shedders stopping.

thanks

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Annabelle has been doing the same thing past few weeks and she never shed. I am also getting tons more off her when I comb/brush her than
normal she is 23 months

·
Registered
260 Posts
this is also happening with kumo, who is just over 2 years old. we finally just decided to get him cut nice and short and hope the warmer weather will arrive soon!! my sister's australian shepherd tends to start his spring shed around this time, so i wonder if poodles do this too, although to a much lesser extent?

-em

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ginny's almost 2 years and she had a lot of shedding this Spring. Not shedding like a dog with straight hair...just little pills and tufts of white fuzz around the house. Plus she got REALLY matted. I was afraid we would have to have her shaved down short, but the grooomer was able to get the mats out.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I agree it might be a spring thing. Charlie has NEVER shed but recently I've found puffs of black hair in the corner of my kitchen. I blamed in on the foster dog but it is still happening so maybe it is him? There's no noticeable shedding just a few "tumbleweeds" now and then.

Deb

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
same here - Dex hardly sheds at all, but I've found much more hair over the past several weeks. I think it def has something to do w/the weather.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hate to say "it's the weather" and little did i realize how many of you also were going thru the same thing i am with Peanut.

OH, i am going back to brushing PEANUT DAILY :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nicky sheds ALL the time, not just at a certain time of year. I have a constant battle with dog hair everywhere. "They" say F1b doodles aren't supposed to shed, but Nicky doesn't know that! I brush him daily (usually), but it doesn't help. He sheds even when he has a short haircut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts