Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to anyone in the Chicagoland area is there a good groomer for doodles? Our 14 week old puppy, Lani, I think needs a trim around her eyes. Or any suggestions to trim it myself. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Since we're on the Chicagoland subject...would anyone be interested in getting an Illinois Doodle Romp together? I wouldn't know where to start as far as planning one but I know it would be fun.

Sorry I don't have a groomer recommendation for you---I'm probably too far North.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Lisa! I wish I had a groomer recommendation for you but my two are so labby that I haven't had to have them groomed! Maybe Shannon (Phantom and Star) knows someone?
It seems like the Chicago population of doodles is rapidly growing! We do absolutely need to get together! The romp listed on goldendoodles.com is still going on, but they did change the location. Some of the updated info is on idog.biz . I just sent out an e-mail to find out more. But if that doesn't work out, we should organize something in the suburbs! All of you guys that are interested, where are you located? Maybe we could plan something. I'm in Aurora, but I have doodles and I'm willing to travel!

Bridget, Summer, and Duke

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm near Wauconda/Cary/Crystal Lake...Its seems most of you are farther South but we're mobile!
Anyone going to the Chicago Romp?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are in the Oak Brook area, about 25 miles west of Chicago. A romp would be fun! This is a recent picture of Lani. Her fur seems to be sticking up in her eye and I can't make it lay down. Suggestions?

[/quote]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry Lisa! I meant to answer your question about that earlier! I trim my dogs eyes every few weeks because you're right- it grows into their eyes. Summer had an eye infection a few months ago, and we think its because the hair irritated it. I would get someone to help you hold Lani, and just take a pair of scissors and trim the hair. Just be careful not to cut her! You can't mess it up to be as long as you're only trimming the hair around her eyes. My guys get home hair cuts all the time!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I cut it really short so I don't have to do it that often. I cut under the eyes where it grows into the eye and just between them. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Lisa
I go to wonderful groomers in Palos Park. The name is
TOUCH OF CLASS, and the number is 708-671-0493. I have taken my
Reagan to 8 different groomers, but I was never happy until I went here.
It will be about a 15-20 minute drive from Oak Brook - but worth the
drive. Contact me if you have any questions.
Julee

·
Registered
45 Posts
Chicago romp

Hi Chicago Doodlers
Is the romp this Saturday just for Goldendoodles - or can all Doodles
attend? Is anybody planning on going? It would be great to meet
some of our Doodle family.
Julee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi everyone,

If we get 'Belle' soon, we would love to go to our first romp!! We live north of Belvidere, IL and east of Rockford. No problem traveling! Thanks,

Kim

·
Registered
215 Posts
Julee-
I'm pretty sure the romp on Saturday is for all doodles! The woman in charge, Irene, says that the area isn't fenced, but it is in a fairly secluded picnic area. I think we're going to go... it would be fun to meet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts