Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I asked for advice for a dog we were dog sitting, Sarah. She would urinate right in front of me, even though she had just been out and did her thing out there. I figured out what her problem was, and all it took was for me to get mad. (I have a bad temper. It sits undetected until the last straw is drawn, then watch out. :twisted: )
If some of you remember, Sarah is Cinnamon's "best friend" and we watch her a lot. Her people are always headed for something, somewhere and she and Cinnamon get along really well. Last April, I was watching her (again) and she went right in front of me (again) and I lost it. I went ballistic. Yelling and screaming, chasing her out of the house into the back yard. Scared her (and Cin!) to death. I was so mad, it had been a bad day to begin with and that was the straw that broke the camels back. She hasn't done it since and she's been the model in behavior, coming when called, walking nicely on her leash, and all. I'm thinking she's figured out that I am the alpha female and she better not forget it! :wink:
The moral of this story is, there is a point that you need to put your foot down and let the "kids" know who's boss! It doesn't mean you have to be abusive, it just means you have to take a stand! Kind of like teenagers, and I've been through that a few times, too. :)

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahhaa sorry but i did get a chuckle ...especially when you mentioned teenagers

maybe having a Tantrum isn't that bad after all :D

G

·
I have yelled at Maya too and she doesn't like it at all. Now if she is getting into something and she isn't really listening when I say leave it all I have to do is say her name louder and in a meaner voice and she comes running to cuddle. Kinda like saying "sorry mommy i'll stop just love me".

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
it came back UP because last night i was sick with a 24hr viral bug and couldn't sleep....sooooooo i went surfin on the forum

it came perfectly timed too! this morning for the 1st time in probably 8mos my patience wore thin with all 3 doodles.
for 4hours I played, walked, fed, walked again, got out jolly ball playing "soccer" with them, hugged, and kissed them,etc. I wanted to have a damn cup of coffee and sit for 5min without one or all 3 doodles nudging my arm , whining, shrill bark to ask me for something etc
I am not 100% over this bug either hahhahaha

MOREOVER Peanut and Max have just HIT their "stage"
max is almost 18mos old and peanut almost 13mos
Max for 1st time took off roaming the woods and refused to listen, scaring the heck out of me. so i said OK , BYE Max and slammed the door shut
about 5 sec later he was at the door wagging his tail pawing to come back in hahhaa Peanut is now NOT finding the SPOT she wants to poop or pee in, NO we have 6 acres of land, and she can't find her spot
hahahhahaaa
Put em back on a leash and it's amazing how fast they go ! finding the right spot within 3min :wink:

So a short while ago - I i yelled
" OK that's it, i've had enuf!! i want 5min alone as i have tended to ALL YOUR NEEDS all morning long ! Leave me alone !!!! hahaha

the look of shock on their faces made me break out laughing hhaha
and i bundled up once again and took them out for their 3rd potty walk

I didn't realize a simple treat given to us as xmas present made them have to go poop almost immediately :roll:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
MaxandMe said:
I didn't realize a simple treat given to us as xmas present made them have to go poop almost immediately :roll:
What was it? Maybe I should get it for my husband?

Deb

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
DEB hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa OMG i just had a FANTASTIC laugh!! thank you!!

OH it's a dog biscuit from a hunting store called THE SPORTMIX and more of the natural healthy kind!
I NOW remember why i didn't give my doodles dog biscuits as of today
will happily mail them to YOU...you can sprinkle it on your hubby's food :wink:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
No... don't mail them to me. :lol: It sounds like a nice fiber rich treat. I'll just keep feeding my husband his Fiber One. And I think I'll avoid these for my doodles. :wink:

Deb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts