Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesnt shed at all, just brush to keep from matting

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are lots of threads on goldendoodles but I have a specific question

For those of you who breed and/or have a goldendoodle, do yours shed and if so how much.

We are looking into getting Annabelle a sister and I love the look of goldendoodles, but vacuuming is difficult for me so I'm concerned about shedding.

I know there are No guarantees but would like your personal experience with your goldendoodles please

Thanks bunches :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Mary, Huck is a fleecy/curly goldendoodle and does not shed at all. His personality happens to match perfectly with Sawyer's.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Charlie has two goldendoodle friends. I don't think either of them shed unless its very slight. They have the sweetest dispositions.

Deb

G

·
I don't have a Goldendoodle BUT I do have a question :lol:
What is shedding?

Bella will lose fur when I comb or brush her, but it all goes into the comb or brush. Occasionally, if I have not vacuumed in a while their will be a little fluff (dust bunny like) of fur in the corner. There has never been single strands of hair, like when cats shed, that would stick to your clothes or furniture.

So is she considered Non-shedding? I would consider her non shedding, just not sure what the official word is?

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Linda that Annabelle is like, an F1B, I comb and brush her and thats the only hair she seems to lose, so I consider her non-shedding

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Mary,
Rosie does shed, not as bad as a regular Golden Retriever, but she does. And her coat is coarse. BUT OUR PUPS ARE GREAT! We have had the BEST coats on this F1B litter. If they shed, I will be shocked. They are so fleecy and soft. I can usually tell a shedder at 8 weeks.
I don't really think that Goldendoodles are any less likely to shed than Labradoodles. I have heard that they don't shed at F1, but my Rosie sure has!
Again, I think it is just a roll of the die...and sometimes the pups get the right coat and sometimes they don't.
Sorry that I can't give you a definitive answer...but as in other things, it depends on the parents and you can ask your breeder if they have previous litters and are they able to judge the coat quality with accuracy.
Good luck! (I will say that the Goldendoodles are a ton of fun...a lot of personality!)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just can't decide, I know I probably have better odds of a Non-shedder with a F1B, although I know they can shed - just in a quandry :shock:

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Mary, just trust your breeder...but I do believe that an F1B is a better choice...however, I know of several F1s that don't shed...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Linda - Dexter is like how you describe Bella. Kirby (who is a F1) - I don't think I've ever found a hair or tumbleweed!!

I've seen F1 GDs who look more like goldens and some that look much more like poodles. If you want a F1 GD, I bet the breeder can help you find one that has more of a poodle coat.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
MARY
Peanut is a goldendoodle that does NOT shed,
does NOT matt at all,
easy to brush but takes HOURS to dry even if blow dried

you need to add an option to your poll: Does not shed and does not matt

PEANUThas a fleece coat with 2 layers to it like a golden retriver, it is also hard to get completely wet at 1st when bathing her, it goes curly when wet and wavy when dry.

BEAU is a goldendoodle and from the same parents as Peanut.
Hard to tell if he'll shed? though I must say when i bathed him no hairs were to be found yet. His coat is different than peanut's was as a puppy.
Beau has a true golden retriever coat at the moment with waves and wispiness to it.

here is what MOST owners of goldendoodles find ...i know some here and also the groomer i have specializes in goldendoodles
USUALLY their shedding is like between a f1 and f1b LD, either extremely low or NONE (like peanut)

So far Jac is the only one that has a shedding goldendoodle.
And by time Beau is 7 or 8 mos old i'll know for sure.
why? cause peanut shed like crazy when she blew her puppy coat and once it was done.........so was the shedding permanently!! :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
At the risk of hijacking the thread AND asking a stupid question :roll: , here goes:

Tyke so far seems to be completely non shedding. I rarely even find any in her brush, and none on the floor. We had two Eskimo dogs who were literally 'hair factories' and would blow their coats at least once a year - all over the house! I know dogs shed when the hair dies and falls out of the follicle - but what happens to a non-shedding dog's hair?? :?

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Kim, that is a good question...they do shed their hair, just like humans do. You will find some now and again...that is why it is a good idea to brush them regularly.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Thanks for the infor Jacque - after almost 30 years of living with dogs who shed EVERYWHERE, it's a pleasant surprise to be able to wear black again!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
I say Goldendoodles are a doodle with some golden retriever comical antics hahahaha those of you with GD;s know what i mean

they have the best body wagging greeting too hahahhaa

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Kim, as Tyke gets older and you brush her, you will probably find some in the brush. I never find any from Tanner except when he is brushed. If I brush him everyday it seems like none. If I wait 3-4 days, I may be a 1" X 1' pile.
Nice, especially because I wear a lot of black and he is very white. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yay! I can wear dark colors again! Another excuse to go shopping!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MaxandMe said:
I say Goldendoodles are a doodle with some golden retriever comical antics hahahaha those of you with GD;s know what i mean

they have the best body wagging greeting too hahahhaa
OMG, I know just what you mean about the wagging greeting, our chocolate lab, Heidipooh, wagged from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail and had the best smile. :D

I tried to add doesnt shed or matt to the poll, but when I went in to "edit" my post it did not give me an option to add or change the poll :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts