Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIRST OF ALL!!!!!
I have been trying to find the time to get back into regular posting-hopefully, I will now have more time!

To follow up on my desperate effort to get Janet "something" personalized from Jeff Gorden, I finally have had a small success.

First, thank you all so much for you ideas and efforts. They are appreciated beyond words. My first possible connection was with a lady that formerly worked for the owner of Jeff Gordon's cars. She really doesn't have any contact but she managed to get hold of an autographed photo; however, it was a reproduction of the original. My next contact was with Jeff Gordon's personal PR person. He submitted a request to the Jeff Gordon Foundation that supports Make a Wish and the American Cancer Society. By this time, my luck had basically run out as the season was over and Jeff departs for places unknown until the next season. I finally got something from his Foundation. Ironically, it was the SAME picture I received from the other person! I was still determined to get something personalized. Finally, one of my friends knows Jim Pettit-not a NASCAR racer, but a racer nonetheless. He attended the final 07 NASCAR Banquet and Jeff Gordon was there. He was able to get Jeff Gordon to write the words, " to Janet " on, believe it or not, the SAME picture! I was hoping for a little bit more like: "To Janet, my prayers are with you", but I am delighted to have gotten what I did! It is so sad that many people make up things to get the signed photos and then turn around and sell them. That's why these guys are so careful. I am going to have the last picture framed and give all three to Janet.

For an update on Janet, after her surgery, her husband began researching "other" treatments and many of you sent me ideas. I forwarded all and Janet and Jerry are very appreciative! The finally settled upon an electro-magnetic therapy, called the VIBE. I read the pros and cons but the bottom line is the most powerful treatment we have is our own brain-which is why sugar pills are so often effective. Since starting VIBE treatments, Janet's tests-blood counts, etc-have been much better than expected and she is very happy and feeling very good. She even elected to start the chemo treatments the Dr originally discouraged. So, they are both very hopeful, but also realistic; their goal is to keep trying to extend her life as long as it is a "quality life".

Again, thank you all, so very much!!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Diane what such a nice update and i feel it's YOU who should be thanked!!!

((((((((Diane))))))))))))))))))))))))) i would love to hear about janet's happy smile when you hand her all 3 pics!!!

this update really made my day much brighter! :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Diane, you're a wonderful friend.
I hope your friend beats the odds and come through this healthy and whole.
Miracles do happen... and having a loving support system really does seem to attract them.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Oo Diane I am so happy you were at least able to get something from Jeff with her Name on it !

Sounds like she has a positive attitude - trying everything she can !

I keep her in my prayers

thank you for updating - have been wondering

hugs
M

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'll continue to keep them in prayer.

It's going to be easier to get Jeff's attention now. Daytona is in a couple of weeks and testing is happening at the track. The season will begin in February.

G

·
Diane, you are a wonderful friend. The story of the pictures is just as great as the actual pictures themselves!

G

·
Diane
Thanks for the update. I hope the treatments continue to work and Janet gets stronger and happier everyday.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Continued good thoughts and prayers ... Janet is already blessed with her good attitude and you as her friend. Thank you for keeping us up-to-date!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Janet had a PET scan this week following her difficult round of chemo. It is miraculous news--with the exception on a small amount on her liver, all of her cancer is gone!!! She will quickly be scheduled for surgery to remove that portion of her liver. The Drs cannot believe it and say she has truley beat the odds; originally given 2-6 months to live! Janet doesn't know what to credit her miracle to--chemo, the VIBE machine (electro-magnetic therapy), Japanese mushroom treatment or something else. I told her--as I just told Nancy--that I credit her own willpower and overwhelmingly positive attitude!! Prayers from friends know and unknown (as you all are) no doubt helped greatly too!! Thanks for all of your kind support!!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Wow Diane, that is fantastic news!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for her! What a wonderful outcome! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Diane, that's wonderful news!
I'm a regular on another site and we had a similar thing happen there with one of our members just last week. She's been fighting cancer for months... horrible chemo, surgery, etc... Many have been praying for her and suddenly her cancer has shrunk and they're not able to find ANY in her at this point. Her Dr had no explanation.

I really think that the power of prayer... especially when there is a large number of people praying for the same thing, works. I've seen it happen too many times not to believe.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
O Diane - what positively awesome news - Miracles do happen and I'm so glad that Janet is doing so well - prayers continue and please let us know when the surgery is so we can pray xtra hard that day

I hope you are doing ok
hugs
M & AB

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts