Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dakota started his puppy training just over a week ago a PetsMart. It was so funny; the first night there were only four dogs in class and two of them were labradoodles! Last night there were seven dogs (the other doodle didn't show) and Dakota has become the class clown! He is just soooo happy to be there--he loves every person and every dog! While the other dogs are sitting by their owners, he'll bounce up and down like a yoyo! I think the instructor enjoys him and frequently uses him as a training example. When he's not being stubburn, he learns quickly and seems quite smart. I'm considering agility in the future.

G

·
Dakota sounds alot like Odie when he was a pup. Dakota would probably really enjoy the agility classes & so will you. After Odie was done with puppy obedience classes, we signed him up for agility classes & he just love, love, loved it! The other dogs had to be lured with food treats to go on the pieces of equipment, go thru tunnels, up ramps, etc. - many were "fraidy cats!" Well, Odie was just beside himself with glee to be able to do all these fun things. His tail wagged so hard we were surprised he didn't knock himself over. After the first lesson with treats to lure him, he was raring to go & do all the activities just for the joy of it & ignored the treats offered from then on. The hardest part for him was waiting his turn! One time he was going non-stop for an hour & when he had to go thru the final tunnel he ran in one end & never came out the other -- we looked inside & he was spread eagle taking a nap! Just thinking about what cuties these doodles are makes my heart smile. :) Aren't we lucky to be so blessed??!!
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Gabrielle, that is such a funny story, I can just see Odie taking a snooze in the tunnel, CUTE :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts