Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for recommendations for puppy training classes in MD. Any suggestions? We took Charlie to PetCo but didn't love it and are looking for the next step. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi Jenny, kudos to you for getting your pup training right away! You will be so glad.

I suggest puppy kindergarten classes. You can usually find a class by asking your vet or other dog owners in your area.

Let me know if you are not successful and I'll give you more ideas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - we did take Charlie to a puppy class at Petco which ran for 6 weeks and he did well; however we don't wish to continue with classes there. I was given the name of someone; but her classes are full. So, I've searched online, but haven't found what we are looking for. We will ask our vets for a recommendation - thanks!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hello from Colorado!
My favorite, first experiences with puppy training was in VA, when we lived there.... we used a private obedience trainer and my experience has continued to be that the trainers who do this for their primary (only) job, and have their name and reputation on the line, will give you the best training, and ultimately the best value for your money.

I guess you could go to a search in Yellow Pages or google for trainers in your area. Have you asked your breeder? Or other pet owners? How about attending a Doodle Romp?

Susie, Abby's mom who posts here lives in Alexandria...maybe she would be a resource for you?

I'm just brainstorming but wishing you well. I have tried PetsMart's training and found it to be highly mediocre if not just above worthless.
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts