Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're getting a labradoodle puppy in about 5 weeks (ohhhh, the waiting!) and I'm a little confused about inoculations. I understand that generally puppies are finished with their shots at about six months but how does it work with exposing a puppy that hasn't completed a full series to other dogs before then, particularly with regard to puppy training classes and doggie day care? I'm planning to take a week or two off from work when we when we pick up the pup but after that I was going to use doggie day care for a while so it isn't on its own too much in its young life. Do most training and day care facilities require that a dog complete its shots before it can be at the premises with other dogs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!

Thanks all for the information - I'm feeling more grounded on the shots thing now and am more comfortable with pre-6 months exposure since we're working with a great breeder who seems to be very careful about keeping the mom healthy and current with shots as well as the puppies before the new parents pick them up.

I'll post pics of our new arrival in a few weeks and keep reading the boards in the meantime to absorb all of the very helpful info (in addition to the no less than 3 puppy training books I got from Santa!). Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts