Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

I have inquired about several puppy training schools that I could enroll Coco in...(she is 14 weeks old and will have her last round of shots and rabies in about 2 1/2 weeks.)
I have found most places require all the shots be given before she can take a class...and then some will allow pups to join with only two rounds given.......Is it best to wait to join one until she is all finished all shots?
I may have figured out how to send along a photo link....I hope I did it right!! :roll:

IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/ladyjaneandcoco/ChristmasPhotosomeofCoco1-2227010.jpg[/IMG][/img]
Ok, the photo link doesn't work....I don't get it. :cry:
:roll: :?:
How about this one???

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Oh how adorable is that. Ahhhhh Coco is very very cute
I started Denver(puppy school) at 15 weeks old with my vets approval and no problems.
He got his last shots and rabies at 17 weeks.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok....I will check with my vet's office and maybe they will let the school know that the vet thinks it is ok to start her. Thanks! Guess I could have called her already....seems I have had a dog in the past that took a class at 10 weeks old....but then my memory isn't so hot lately!!
I just have to post another pic, since I finally learned how to do it!! :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more photo that is more recent

This is a more recent photo of Coco....Feb 21st 2007.
She is growing fast!!
10 pounds in 6 weeks.
Wow!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
COCO is gorgeous ...thanks so much for posting more pics!!! I LOVE her eyes...wow!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Coco is beautiful and such a deep, dark chocolate, YUM :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Absolutly

do not take your pup around other pups until she has had all of her vaccines,in fact i recommend waiting at least 10days after the last vaccine, better safe then sorry

The time up until then should be spent bonding, learning to walk well on a leash, commands can be started, sit, down, stay ,
there is no need to rush it, Parvo is deadly and you dont want your pup to get sick
beauty pup i might add congrads!!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I will wait until she is through with her shots. A neighbor said the same thing tonight.
Coco can walk fine on the leash....doesn't heel well yet and has started pulling..which she didn't do at all at first. She will sit, lie down,....doesn't quite get stay,yet. She will stop biting when I barely squirt her with the squrit bottle....or even just make it visible during a doodle frenzy....jumping, pawing, flying around the house...and yes, biting holes in pant legs, hems of robes or dresses....and if jumping up she will get a hold of sleeves and hems of shirts. She bites hard and when she knows she is being told to stop...with the fabric still hung on her teeth and as she is going back to the floor, from mid-air ~her weight tears the fabric...I usually have to unhook the material off her tooth....to get free.
We are working on it.....she is basically housebroken....loves her crate....I just hope I can keep my flower garden and backyard landscaping alive this year.

I will keep working with her....and enroll in a training class after the 21st of march. Too tired to think......it is very late. but had to insert another photo....I just love my doodle so much, can you tell>????

Thanks for you input. I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Oh Coco! I think I'm in love!!!! You have beautiful eyes...they're like stars...that come out at night....ha-ha...hmmmm where have I heard THAT before???? I'm just a gilfriend-less doodle in Connecticut, waiting for the right one.....HEY!!!! How come that pink bear still has it's arms and legs????? You need to take lessons from Denver...but he's too far away too...and he'd win your heart over with HIS eyes..... :shock: so anyway I guess we'll have to settle on being doodle pen pals.. :D
Yuor new friend,
Rrr-aleigh! :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Word to the wise - get a fence to guard what you don't want dug up. It just has to be a temp fence like you get from a home improvement store, but for the first puppy summer, it's a must. Cinnamon tore up most of the small bushes and the Iris before I learned this -with in one week! She was a chewing machine - nothing was sacred! Anything that even looked like a stick or wood was a goner. She also liked to play in the dirt around the flowers. She's older now and the fences have come down for the most part. Small price to pay for a nice flower garden and a wonderful doodle!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts