Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9,241 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I cut and pasted you link to see Quincy...he is adorable! I love his coat...is he a multigen?

I think that at 9 weeks, your puppy is just learning how to assert himself and to let other dogs know what his boundaries are...still, I am not there and you are so if it concerns you it would not hurt to distract them when this happens. I wouldn't step in with any discipline though...these tendancies are valuable for puppies to learn when they are living in the wild so it is very natural for them to learn it...still, if it is upsetting or too aggressive and if the aggression is unprovoked...things like that, you might want to have him evaluated by a behavioralist...but I really doubt that you need to be concerened at this point.

As I said, a distraction should work just fine. With my puppies I usually say, "be nice" and that takes their minds off of the play and they refocus.

If it is over a toy or food, you might want to do some training for that...taking food/toys away and exchanging them...but it has been my experience that no matter what toy a dog ends up with, they want the one the other is enjoying!

Not much help, I am afraid...but I would say to wait a couple of weeks and just observe it all, intervening when necessary and then decide what to do. I think that you may have an alpha puppy...

All of that being said, you are the only one to know what is happening and if it bothers you, maybe you should seek special training for the behavior.

Oh...and I have read that sometimes dogs in pain react this way...I'd check him over carefully for any signs of tenderness...

Good luck!

· Registered
9,241 Posts
I have recently read that if anything feels wrong in training...follow your instincts...you are paying for the classes, just tell the trainer that you don't want your puppy exposed to the aggression. If they don't listen...show them YOUR aggression! LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.