Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any litter pictures from breeding a f1b labradoodle to a f1???? Also I would like to see some from F1b to F1b? F1 to F1b is considered a F2???? or not? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Sorry, Tammie, no pictures of an F1B X F1 mating...not that I would not breed this combination, but my F1s always need the Poodle infusion for good coats...my F1Bs have great coats so I would certainly consider breeding them to F1s, but I all of mine are related!

As in all mixes, an F1 to F1B will have a variety of coat types. If the F1B is very cruly and the F1 is at least wavy, you should get some nice fleece coats...but you can also plan on some throwbacks (Lab looking).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information that will help me alot. I can always learn!!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That isn't really bad either....alot of people here LIKE the easier care F1 coats, so you would have a variety. Also, someone wanting a hunting dog would have a harder time with a fleece coat, and would do better with a labby coat.
Just a thought....

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i'd say a f1b x f1 .....you'd have to be careful in coats on both to obtain optimal results as the shedding factor is also to be considered but
for hunting the scruffy coat is ideal as fleece coats tend to catch all weeds, burrs etc and can matt.

for a family pet you also have to be careful about how much lab in infused back into the doodle litter, it isn't bad but as Jac said
temperament and coat is possibly quite unpredictable.
so to me it's more like an experiment than other breeding strategies of doodles

JUST my opinion as i could be wrong :wink:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i'd say a f1b x f1 .....you'd have to be careful in coats on both to obtain optimal results as the shedding factor is also to be considered but
for hunting the scruffy coat is ideal as fleece coats tend to catch all weeds, burrs etc and can matt.
Yes.....I should have quoted that part from annmarie and jac....I would assume that the F1B would have to a very curly coat & the F1 a fleece coat too, as even in a F1B X F1B breeding there can be some with F1 type coats. :?
Unpredictability would definitely be an issue with this breeding....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if you breed an f1b to f1b are they f3? Does anyone usually breed for f3? Thank you for the information it is helpful

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
TRENDON ....those labradoodle puppies are gorgeous
is this your 1st litter? or have you always done fb's to-date

and nice website too...nice layout
Wondering if you test your breeding males and females as some breeders list it on their websites others send on via request.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Annmarie this is my first parti f1b litter I have been breeding labradoodles for about 4 years. I started with the f1 and quickly went to the f1b. I have been planning a parti litter for about 2 years. Thank you for the compliments.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as testing yes I test my breeding stock. I need to place the information better on my website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts