Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have also noticed that dogs seem to have a greater tolerance for being annoyed than we the 'parents' have. I have had two sets of 2 dogs at different times--the first set there was an 8 year age difference. With them, the older was the dominant dog, and made it clear when she had enough--with the younger obeying. My current dogs are 4 months (Betty, a 9 pound chiweenie :lol: ) and 18 months (Fred, a 73 pound labradoodle). We have not figured out who is dominant, but it might be Betty--BUT I was getting kind of upset that Betty would constantly try to steal Fred's chew toy and just flat out annoy him constantly. I would try to stop Betty, or try to convince Fred to go up on the couch where Betty could not reach him--but he would keep on going back to the floor where Betty would appear to annoy him. I am now convinced that he actually likes her taking the bone, because when she leaves him alone, he taunts her into trying to take his bone. The situation could be different with your dogs, but I would try not to worry and see how they work it out.

Also--your Doodle might be bored. My Fred is a lot more active than a neighbor's Lab andneeds more amusing than the Lab. Fred gets three good play sessions every day where we make sure he runs around the yard at breakneck speed, plays catch, or one of our other games--i vary things. In the house, I hide things in boxes or put treats in the Kong, or give him a few tennis or hand balls to play with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts