Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Puppy Pile!!!

And the boss has "BOSS" written all over her face!! Adorable........

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just love these pics!! Wish I could give each one a squeeze.
Thanks, They would each Love a little squeeze. Can't you just visualize all ten of them bouncing against the ex-pen, "Pick me! Pick Me! PICK ME!!!" And you ought to hear the din if you don't pick the BOSS (which I no longer do).

Brenda, congratulations on the pending litter. They'll be here in no time. Enjoy your rest now! Will you be taking off work to care for the puppies? I recognize the photos of your dogs.. they should give you a nice litter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
puppies

I can't wait for them to arrive. It has been 24 yrs since we had a litter. We had 13 standard poodle back then and a 10 month old lots of fun. Poop poop poop everywhere. Now we have a awesome dog pen completely secure with camera and all. I am so lucky I work from home so I plan on setting up my lap top and telephone in the kitchen where the whelping box will be We are hopefully setting it up next week so Lilly can get use to it. So when my clients call looking for me to book them a vacation they will have to listen to me rave about my pups first lol. The above mentioned 10 mt old is now 25 and Lilly is his dog and Walt is my dog. He has always love animal and they love him so we decide to let the pups have one litter and then we would see how it went and make a decision if we want to do this again or not. so as perfect timing would have it Lil went into heat and we mated them and she is due 2 days before Pat leaves on a long planned two week trip to Hawaii. Hopefully she will have the pups before he leaves and then I need to post daily pics for him to check on while he is in Hawaii. I don't know mom is doing all the work while he has fun in Hawaii on a trip she did all the planning and booking. I have two other grown kids and a hubby who will help out but they all work full time out of the house. I just hope she gives birth before he goes so he can see them and she can have him with her during birth because she loves me but she LOVES her boy the most.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Deb!! These pups are delicious!!! I think that they will be simply stunning, every one! Keep those pics coming!

Brenda, I was wondering...I checked your web page and didn't see anything about testing or warranties or anything like that...I do hope that you have tested the parents and that you are planning to follow through with a good heatlh warranty with the pups. It is so important to the breed.

We, on this forum, are striving very hard to promote responsible breeding. I don't want to be a "downer" and a few of my friends, new breeders, were not aware of the importance of this whent they started and have since begun testing.

I just wondered where you stand with that, since it is a passion of mine and important to the other folks on the forum too. New web pages are hard to start and to get all of the info up, but it is so important that I thought I'd mention it and ask the question...just curious, not judging...

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
just wondered where you stand with that, since it is a passion of mine and important to the other folks on the forum too. New web pages are hard to start and to get all of the info up, but it is so important that I thought I'd mention it and ask the question...just curious, not judging...
Jac
This is near and dear to my heart, as you well know and none of this
should be taken as judgement just concern as we all want to promote the
Labradoodle in the best light possible.

Sue

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Brenda I too LOVE my two doodles and had looked at your website. I love the pics but i would like to know if you have tested the parents yet? and do you give a health guarantee? also if someone were to have to rehome the doodle do you take it back to rehome it? I am just curious as doodles have enough of a time being just recognized and there are so many breeders both here and around that pay alot to make sure their dogs are tested to rule out serious health issues along with things like HD.
I was curious because your website didn't mention things like health issues/guarantees, deposits, and testing of parents.

I mean if people are to pay lets say $1000-$2000 for a labradoodle they should know if the dogs being bred have been tested.

Brenda, we ask this of everyone. I know when i wanted Peanut i did consult other breeders with TONS of questions in my area but went back to my original breeder since she had a litter.

anyway i am glad to welcome you here and am known to ask questions every so often . So hope you don't mind my questions and it's also a nice way of getting to know you as well.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deb!! These pups are delicious!!! I think that they will be simply stunning, every one! Keep those pics coming!
Thank you, Jac, I'm glad you like my little doll faces! Angelic, aren't they? I just love 'em to pieces.

They really do seem to be growing at a more accelerated rate all of a sudden. Little dogs in the making, on their way to being much bigger dogs!

At what age do you switch from the human nail clippers to dog nail clippers? I'm already having fun finding the nails under all that curly hair. A couple of times last night I think I clipped hair instead of nails!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Ha! Somewhere they said to slip a nylon stocking over the foot and poke the nail through...keeps tht hair out of the way.
I never stop using regular clippers on them when they are this tiny. No need to use the heavy duty type, unless you want to get them used to the sight/sound of them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Testing

Jac, Annmaire and Sue No problem with asking My web site is a work in progress so isn't breeding of Labradoodles. I have spent the weekend researching health warranties and testing,puppy applications and responsible breeding so it is kinda funny you ask at the same time. I spent a lot of time on IDOG this weekend. I do plan on a 2 year warranty, and helping rehome any of my puppies but I home I do a good job selecting that that will not be an issue. I am very undecided on weather to offer shipping both my son and I would rather not or if we have to that one of us deliver the pup and not put it in baggage. I have not had my dogs tested yet all though they have been throughly examined by the vet and he has given the the clearance to go ahead and have pups. I really did not know all that much about testing before finding this site and if we do decide to have any more litters I will definitely have them both tested. If there are other things I need to know please let me know i am always willing to learn. This forum has been a great help and everyone has been very friendly . Lievermom thank you for starting this post and those babe's are so darn cute they got my excited about my up coming litter. I didn't mean to steal your post. thanks Brenda

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Oh I just love these pictures :) I just want to love on all of them!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Barenda, I am very happy to hear that you are adding a warranty and checking into the things you will need to know. That is so important.
Often people find themselves in your situation, very innocently, and in my opinion, your adding a warranty for untested parents is a very good indication of your good intentions.
I also know how hard it is to try to learn everything and do everything right when your pups are knocking at the door! LOL
If I can help you, please send a PM to me and let me know.
Best wishes!
Now...we will return this station to the original broadcaster, Deb! LOL

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I just love these pictures I just want to love on all of them!
They're just waiting for you to come help socialize them! It's a bit of a drive, I see. Gee, my first time on a sailboat was out of West Yarmouth, many moons ago, on a nice blustery August day. I was hooked!

Brenda, you haven't stolen my post, you're just keeping it active. 8) I'm glad to contribute to education, as I went through the same process with some great mentoring at the hands of this Forum. We are blessed to be a part of it. You'll find a fantastic and supportive group of people here!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Hi Deb, your puppies have grown so much and they are everyone simply ADORABLE :!: :!:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, Diane, they really are a joy to be around. They had an outing on the new grassy (I just sodded a patch under a canopy.) playground yesterday, and nobody had more fun than I did, watching the show. Deva was wonderful with them, telling them off when they needed it, then turning immediately in response to their shocked expressions to lick their little faces and play with them. She was So gentle with them as she pretend-batted her giant paws at them, then put her head on the ground right in their faces to invite play. She seemed to find a favorite playmate in the cream boy, who is a standout in my book, too.

At one point two of them latched onto the furry tip of her tail for a ride. ... Not for long, she Did notice that one.

I got to thinking as I sat there with them about the chocolate boy who was having trouble learning to nurse that first night. I imagine you recall being on the phone during that episode. That little boy is another one of my stars, in fact might be my pick of the litter. I'm so glad we got him going. Thanks to you and others for all of your support in getting these guys safely on deck.

I say again, this Forum is made up of Really special people!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts