Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my puppy is eating everything, she eats grass little pebbles pretty much anything and its driving me crazy. I want to know if its normal or somthng i should worry about.

·
Registered
273 Posts
From what I can tell this is normal puppy behavior. We fish things out of Dante's mouth several times a day! If I let him eat even a small wood chip it comes back up in his crate in the middle of the night. So far any small pea gravel he has eaten has passed just fine.

We always go out with Dante on a lead to go potty and he is never unsupervised in the yard at this point. To many things he could get into that could harm him (tulip bulbs, etc are poisonous). My understanding is that by age of two the landscaping should be safe and he won't be as apt to get into things!

Heather

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
we have 2 doodles...Peanut is only 4.5mos old and must be watched constantly when walking her or she is like a vacuum picking up everything she can find.
A good thing is to teach your doodle the command "drop it" and they do which makes it safer and easier to walk your dog

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Dexter still eats everything. If we're on a walk and he's on a leash I can get him to drop it (sometimes)...if he's not on the leash he'll run away with it so we can't get it. Hopefully this adolescence will be done soon :wink:

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Yup puppies do eat everything!!!!
Denver still has to get his mouth checked regularly
and there is always a piece of stick or mud in his mouth
and he is 11 months old!!!

Sue

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
McCaw01....hi and welcome!!! nice to meet you

you got me thinking this morning which is why i ended up posting this topic for all new or to-be puppy doodle owners...REMEMBER you are not alone. you are doing your best and these dogs provide many a laugh if you let your sense of humor emerge and lose frustration

http://labradoodle-dogs.net/forums/view ... 7084#37084

·
Registered
177 Posts
Abby is 4 months old and has permanent "wood chip" breath :lol: I am constantly telling her to "drop it" and prying everything from leaves, grass, snails (yuk) and her favorite is wood chips :roll: If I turn my back on her for one second she will have some odd thing hanging out of her mouth! Fun, isn't it?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OH let me tell you it's more fun than having a barrel full of monkeys with gene and sue and Sessa putting up a pic of it!! hahhahahaa

·
Registered
8,336 Posts

This is Annmarie asking if she can get into our barrell
with an offering of a banana.

Gene, Sessa, What do you think
Should we let her in or do we want to be exclusive???
Bahahaahaaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OMG that is tooooo funny

i am going to be like a banana now and split!! Max's training class in 1 hour and 20 minutes and YES DAVEis bringing his camera this time :roll:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Ok how about a weenie dog in a banana costume??? hmm sure Sessa can step up to the plate while i am gone hahhahahhaha :wink: :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Back to the topic,

Cinnamon is 2 1/2 and she still has to have me with my hand in her mouth prying out what ever she has in it. The drop it only works if she can't hide whatever she has in her mouth. She's gotten real good at hiding things, I have no idea where they are until she starts chewing on them again and I snatch it out of her mouth. Kids!

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
hahaha LOVE the banana split...i'll take one just without pineapple please

cinsmom: I KNOW Where they hide the toys!!!! in the back of their throat!! yes the infamous black hole. I hear and see Chew chew chew, USED to check and nothing hmmm ok, then chew chew again behind my back. Well i got sick of this hahhaha and one day played LION ACT putting my face in Max's mouth holding his jaws open and put my fingers down the back of his tongue/throat AHA!!! i found it!!! and now poor Peanut can't pull this act with me! hahhahahahhaaa

the black hole exists folks!! and it's right under their nose too hahhahaa

·
Registered
689 Posts
We like to refer to our landscaping as "Archie's Buffet". As of our Saturday inventory he has dug up 4 small shrubs and several plantings. I knew about the shrubs because he was caught with atleast 2 running around the yard with it hanging out of his mouth--roots and all. I can only guess where they went eventually. I believe he might be a labrabeaverdoodle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts