Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading a book which I think ought to be required reading for any breeder who does not yet know Everything!

It is another piece of the puzzle: Puppy Development, by Pat Hastings and Erin Ann Rouse, Editors. I got in on www.amazon.com.

The book has really impressed on me the profound effect that the breeder has on future success of puppies, by exposing them to various stimuli during critical stages of development. We are very much responsible for giving our pups a good start in life! One breeder who has experimented with clicker trainer has seen her return ration of pups who don't work out in new homes drop to Zero %!!! I like that number!

It's a small book, quick read, and chocked with valuable information on every page. I'm going to read it repeatedly, especially while babysitting a pregnant bitch.

Happy New Year to all!

Deb

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi Deb, I don't think any of us can't learn something things are changes as we go about our daily lives so everybody can learn more, if they are willing to admit they don't know everything. :lol: I know I've learned a lot on just this forum from breeders and pet owners.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Thanks, Deb, I have a bunch of similar books and can never get enough...so I really appreciate your referral. I will certainly add this one to my library!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Thanks Deb, there is always something new to learn. I think most of us are continually striving to improve and learn. I appreciate yet another book to add to my many.

Happy New Year :!: :!:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts