1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It's a little hard to tell by these pictures but I think most of them will be cream. There are a few that could be caramel or gold, depending on the color of their noses, caramel will have the liver nose, gold will have the black nose.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Hi, congratulations, they are beautiful puppies!

I would say cream for the light colored ones and I agree that they are not really reddish (apricot) so I agree with carmel color. Very pretty!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm going to try to be brief here...I wish the IALA would get PROFESSIONAL pictures to denote colors! But that point aside, the classic description of CREAM in poodles is that they are creamy colored on their back with apricot ears. The others seem to fit nicely with the gold tones, don't you think?

By the way, I have a beautiful cream girl who had a light apricot band (wider than a stripe) down her back, so I hope she's as pretty at 6mos as Angie's Doodle! But we called her cream. Here's our 2 cream babies at 8wks:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
thanks, Jac....we call her CREAM. She clearly has an apricot hue to her coat - even still at 4mos, but in the name of honesty and a tad of stubbornness I don't want to mislead anyone towards apricot, just because apricot is such a hot popular color!

Would you call these babies cream?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wow Maureen- those are BEAUTIFUL puppies! Were those from Virgils last litter? I know he had creams that looked similar to yours.
Mike

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
OMG, how cute is that?!!! What a face, who couldn't love it :wink: I would call her cream, BEAUTIFUL :D

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Silly me! I thought it was one puppy in different stages! They are both really beautiful!
I would call them cream, but you are right...apricot would also be fitting!
(I get confused with the colors, as you know when I bounce back and forth between calling mine blue and silver! :oops: )

·
Registered
670 Posts
Maureen-
Bear was Sofies dad so shes 1/2 sister to your babies. That Bear really gets around! Your puppies faces are like little angels! I have had the best luck with Sofie. Shes so smart, funny, sometimes a little mischievous, and best of all she melts into you when you give her a hug. Its a beautiful thing..our doodles!! :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
a poodle apricot starts out almost brassy copper
a red is almost chocolate red
both lighten quite a bit I have owned both :)

in fairness I would call your baby cream but also very beautiful!
there is more to be said for temperment and good breeding than color!
but aren't creams so pretty? :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Maureen said:
thanks! I agree that creams are pretty...but give me STAIN-RESISTANT black, blue, or chocolate any day! :wink:
you are preaching to the choir! I have 4 blacks and now a chocolate ;)
I totally agree with you!! its nice to be a grandma to the creams!
I had a white standard that was the last light dog ever! though the red wasnt too bad :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts