Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time finding a puppy class for Gunner. The only thing available is Petsmart (which wasn’t my first choice, but the lady who was going to do it had to cancel the class) or something which starts in February. I really don’t think I can wait until February, but might be persuaded. Can someone please share their experiences both positive and negative at petsmart. Thanks,

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I had a positive experience with the PetsMart in Wichita. Niki and I both had a great time and she learned a lot. You might check with your vet and see if he can recommend any other training places for you. Or call the Chamber of Commerce, they should be able to tell you if there are any others you could look into. Good luck :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their recommendation has fallen through. I called several places, but most only offer private lessons. Although, I think private lessons is a great way to go, I realize the importance of a group experience at this age. I might look into another area, but I also wanted something convenient and something starting real soon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had a wonderful experience at PetSmart here. We have been through basic training and have now started intermediate. Toby loves it. I would rather have less distraction and private instruction, but the distractions and socialization have been great for him. They basically do just train the people, but it's been a lot of fun for us and Toby is doing very well with his "homework". Good luck. Also, you may want to check with the YMCA.....sometimes they have training- our Universtity here also offers a non-credit course.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We had a great experiemce with Abbie at Petsmart too. We learned a lot and she had a ball! It was good for socialization. We are now in our 3rd class that is offered through the county. PetSmart was more PK/Kindergarten- the county classes are more like K/1st grade- Only because it is outside and there are 3 instructors vs. the one at PetSmart. PetSmart was great though. I guess it all depends on what you want to get out of it too. No matter how many classes you go to, you must do your homework and practice, practice! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts