Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Diane, that is good info. Murphy is a power chewer too. I have seen those bully sticks and tendons at Pet supplies plus if you have one of those close to you, also those bully sticks come in all lenghts. I think I will try them myself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there any particular brand that you would recommend? I have bought some chew items for Murphy and they smelled so bad she had to chew them outside so I would like to find something she could have inside. thanks!

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't think I can get past knowing what the Bully sticks are! :D When I read this post I didn't know what they were so I googled them. YUCK! :shock:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I suggested bully sticks for our pups to my husband...then I told him what they were...he said "no way!!!" Couldn't stand the thought of THAT... :roll:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
When I told my husband what bully sticks actually were, he thought it was rip-roaring hilarious!! :lol: In fact, if I told you word for word what he said about product and price, I'd probably be tossed off of this site! And speaking of product and price, we paid over $10 for three thick bully sticks and Dakota devoured one in less than 15 minutes. :shock: That's too pricey for me, so I'm back to the drawing board. I think I might go to the grocery store and get some natural knuckle bones . . .
Diane (and Dakota)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
hahahaha...don't our dogs have strange ideas???

Well, bully sticks are a favorite at my house, so are tendons and trecheas (moo tubes)...but if you want something really long lasting...hooves are the thing...but let me tell you that they STINK TO HIGH HEAVEN! I can't stand the smell of those things...but my dogs love them...so they get them, but only outside! P U!

I have not found anything that can last long with my dogs, besides if something lasts, they get bored with it anyway. :?

·
Registered
164 Posts
hmm..Im not sure what they are called but my local grocery store sells these bones with meat filled in them right in the meat department, but they are strictly for dogs. I get 2 of them for $1.50 and Leno goes crazy for them. Plus they can be frozen too. I think its bone marrow or something.

Also..I've mentioned this before, but Walmart has baskets of toys for 88 cents and they are usually near the check-out. They arent too bad for a cheap toy either. The expensive ones dont last any longer than these so its worth it to me!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I bought one for Calvin today on the advice of many....They all said that dogs LOVE these....I think it is gross, but take comfort in the fact that the beef industry really does use EVERYTHNG!!!! He hasn't fgotten it yet, I'll tell ya how he likes it and how long it lasts...They are pricey little buggers...Leslie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts