Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 13 week old puppy is in his biting stage. I'm spending time trying to teach him to have a soft mouth and I'm starting a puppy class this upcoming week. His puppy teeth are very sharp (as my hands and arms can attest to :-( ). The real problem is that my kids are being chased by him. I've told them to just turn their back on him, which has started to help, but he is really in a nipping/biting/barking stage now -- he even growls occasionally, but it seems more playful than aggressive. This just started the last 2 weeks (he was very sweet until then). I think he sees my younger child (7 years old) as a big puppy and plays with him like a puppy. Any thoughts on what to do as he (hopefully) grows out of this?

(sorry to repost this, but I realized I added it to a different thread by mistake)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Cute puppy !

tell your kids to Stop, turn and face him and say No - the more they run, the more the puppy is gonna chase

good luck with puppy classes :)

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Your puppy is just playing. I have told my 7year, 6year, and 5year old to stop running in the house and to put their hand out and say no. Then to go get a chew toy. So the puppy has something to chew on, not the kids.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I agree with Mary!!!
They constantly think we or kids are playing! They have to understand this isn't play or FUN!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yep i agree with the comments above. Scout was a big play biter. Everytime you tried to pat her she would try to fit some part of your arm in her mouth. She never bit hard, but those teeth can be razors!

Anyway, after a lot of 'ah ah' and giving her a chew toy instead, she has really reduced the amount she is doing it. If she keeps going i just leave the play area.

And when she all of a sudden starts yapping at my feet when i walk, i do the same thing. She is getting the idea i think.

Having said all that, she is a different dog every week, so what i claim is happening now may not be valid next week!

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Having said all that, she is a different dog every week, so what i claim is happening now may not be valid next week
Oh WOW! Can I ever identify with that!! hahahhaha

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Is there a Kids rescue site to relocate the kids? :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts