Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have two doodle puppies, Henry, 6 months, and Deacon,almost 3 months. They each have their own crate in our bedroom. In the morning when we are getting ready for work, they like to wrestle in Henry's cage because it is quite large. Deacon thinks he is really cool when he goes in Henry's crate and tries to take over. Yesterday, he actually kicked Henry out of the big crate and Henry then went to Deacon's smaller crate which has a divider blocking half of it off and tried to lie down in there. Pretty funny since he didn't even come close to fitting in it! So this morning they were wrestling in Henry's crate and Deacon got his foot caught in the bars somehow. My husband tried to free him and in the process, Deacon bit his hand hard enough with his little razor teeth to draw blood in several places. Now Deacon is limping on his foot and my husband's hand looks awful. It is amazing how those puppy teeth can puncture a human hand!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sounds like a Monday morning, not a Friday morning!! :roll: I got a few doozies from Boyd when he was a puppy. My nail lady was aghast at how many bites and bruises I had! :oops:

·
Registered
260 Posts
FYI -- bit injuries have a tendency to get infected very easily, so make sure you disinfect the punctures really well.

-em

·
Registered
980 Posts
Oh I'm so glad to hear it was in a panic situation, not just for biting sake. I've had my pups/cats get their paws caught in my wrought iron chairs where the "v" comes together. It's no fun getting them out. I've been shredded. Now I have put black electrical tape in all the v's. It's quite a fashion statement, but I don't have to remove stuck paws anymore.

Hope they both mend well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I am a bit worried about infection too. I know he cleaned it, but hope he keeps a close eye on it. It was really a frustrating situation since Deacon was hurt and scared and DH was just trying to help.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm sure the dog feels as bad as hubby does! A panic bite like that is NOT directed it's instinctive. For first aid I use a syringe to shoot Hydrogen Peroxide into the wound and blast out the germs, then apply Triple Antibiotic creme and bandage. Of course you can treat your husbands wounds the same way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts