Labradoodle Forums banner

Puppy becoming too attached to one person

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lisarundell 
#1 ·
Our 14 week old doodle, Lani, is becoming too attached to me. Any ideas on how to nip this in the bud? There are 4 in our family and I want her to bond with everyone. Our kids are 16 and 14. We have had her for 6 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Just a thought, I read somewhere, that when they are that young it's good they attach and learn who the leader in the family is. I suppose they attach to the one whose around them most. After the dog is gone through some training the leader can teach other family members the commands but I think it's important for a dog to have a leader in his pack. Just some thoughts on a rainy Monday morning. Enjoy. They are such a wonderful breed!

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was afraid we were going to end up with a dog like my sister's. Bailey is a beautiful and sweet lab but is nerotic when my sister leaves her. It's like she is lost with out her. I want Lani to bond with everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.