Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas how to cope with the onset of adolescence? Sam is now 6 months are new behaviours (not always desirable) emerge daily. Today, he was frolicking in the park and ran towards someone and started barking at her. Sam is normally not a barker so this behaviour, while normal for some dogs, is completely foreign to him. Also, he's starting to be willful and not perform basic commands like sit, stay and drop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I would like to hear what everyone one has to say. Our trainer says to just keep up with training and only reward the good. So i am keep up with it but it is hard. They grow up to fast.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK i could go on and on on what worked for each doodle in this house and also what we did in OB class

but this time i'd rather say
at 6 MOS old ........they're like having an 18mo old toddler.
they are PUSHING BUTTONS , in pre-puberty, and are having a blast at your expense hahhaaaaaa it really does get better
Sooooooooooooooo
Patience, love, BIG SENSE OF HUMOR and training need to be used 24/7.
and again at 8mos old hahhaaaaaaaaaaaa they keep ya busy then too

KEEP up reinforcing training,praise, and sometimes they need a nap or short time out, or as i say sometimes I NEED THE 15min TIMEOUT :wink:

30 MIN LIE DOWNS are EXCELLENT to helping establish who's boss, settling, respect, and gives you some time to relax too

another one that might help:
sit by your side quietly while you pet them and settle when they get into not listening, too much trouble or wild etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts