Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our ten week old doodle played with her sister today for the first time since we brought her home. The pups were very active and playful, but it almost looked like they were fighting. Rolling around, jumping on top of each other, wrestling. Is this what pups do? My friend and I weren't sure whether this was okay or not, whether we should separate them or whether this was fun for them. Anyone with insight here? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
yeah, thats what they do!
just make sure they don't do it to you.
they play rough like that with their littermates but sometimes they then think its ok to bite mommy and daddy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wouldn't worry at all, they will let each other know when they've had enough.

Madge the lab is staying (bellas best mate) 24 hours a day they play, climbing all over each other and constantly chewing each others face/various body parts. It looks very rough and nasty but all the while both tails are wagging and neither has ever hurt the other. :D

Bella is 19 months and madge is just over 2 years old, I don't think they will ever grow tired of playing :roll:

Just keep an eye on them whilst they're getting to know how each other plays but they should be fine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys, so much! I just didn't want one to hurt the other.

Amanda was wiped afterwards though. She zonked out on the floor for almost two hours. I finally had to wake her to eat. And then she didn't wake up this morning until 7am instead of her usual 6am. She definitely had a workout yesterday!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts