Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - I'm Mickey's friend that she mentioned in another thread and I've been quiet in the forums until now.

First - A public heartfelt to Mickey! She graciously held my hand for the past few weeks and answered many questions via email. I would have put them all in here, but I was awaiting approval of my username / password.

Anyhow - I got a great litter of pups and I wanted to get some opinions on where you think the coats might go - these pictures are only at five days so I realize I'm jumping the gun. Although, i figure it'd be a fun way to see how correct we are at guessing textures (and colors in my case - I may have brindle, sable, phantom, abstract, etc.) I don't know who to keep! I'm keeping one - I'm told that I can't keep 'em all, ha.

Every one of them have some sort of abstract (white patches) either on their toes and/or chests. All girls except for the Brindle and the Blue Ribbon Black Phantom.

Purple Chocolate:

Pink Chocolate:

Pink Black:

Orange Chocolate:

Light Blue Chocolate (Sable I think):

Brindle:

Blue Black Phantom:

So what are you thoughts on these coats? Anyone sticking out as particularly fleece-like? Wirey? Wool?

And the best one - Mom in all her glory!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not sure about colors/coats etc., no expert here, but what I do know is that WOW what GORGEOUS pups..........
The pics are heartwarming especially the one of the proud Mama. Thanks for the amazing puppy fix. :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ditto here, I can't even concentrate on the coats, they're just so gorgeous and perfect!!

G

·
Wow! Gorgeous! I am no expert, but here are my guesses: They all look fleecy (but maybe all puppies do?) and many have that line down their back that is supposed to indicate flleece. And they all look very wavy, curly except blue black phantom and brindle who look slightly wavy. Keep posting photos! I love to watch them grow...and I LOVE brindles!!!

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
This is a perfectly lovely litter...congratulations! They look to me to have fleece coats...are they F1B or ???
I love the coloring on all of them, but the tuxedo one is my personal favorite!
Good job!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Gorgeous puppies and beautiful coats, I take it they are F1b's? It is impossible to tell the coats at this age but please keep posting, it will be fun to watch them mature and develope their coats. Beautiful markings :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Jon, Congrats again!!

With the waves in that brown puppy's coat (Lt. Blue Chocolate), maybe he/she is a chocolate brindle? Can you see the darker fur in waves? Just a thought. I guess time will tell, and there's more excitement to come!

I do disagree that you have a black phantom puppy, since the lighter color is only on the toes, not up the legs.

For comparison, here's a phantom guy the day he was born, and you can see the tan on his legs goes up past the foot:

The marking on his chest is lateral, but I have seen phantom/abstract Poodles, as well. Here's the same puppy at 8 wks who was just born, above:

If your little guy is a phantom we should be able to see his "socks" eyebrows, and his chest markings, as he grows up and starts running around!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm... I see what you're talking about Maureen. I'm gonna keep an eye on him and I'll keep you posted. I guess I had seen a newborn phantom that was similar to this one (the sprinkles of hair actually go up his legs, but it's not nearly as prominent as your reference pic) and I thought I had the same thing! Maybe what I'm seeing is silvering, I wish the camera picked it up. It's more than just those little white toes - which I love also:) He's a cutie either way!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Oh, I LOVE LOVE white toes!!

And yes, when a puppy has white toes PLUS the white fur between their pads it all kinda runs together! You are correct, by the way in thinking that white fur between pads is an indicator of a future color change, but not ALWAYS. Sometimes is has been a sign of carrying the gene, and sometimes the blue color doesn't even happen until later towards maturity. Same is true for chocolates, by the way.
Just a little more information for ya........ :D

But with your chocolate/brindle/sable thing you have MUCH more adventure coming!

Who is the sire's owner, by the way?

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
wow I just had a major doodle puppy fix.......thank you!!! :D :D :D they're allllllll beautiful!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
we have a deposit on the litter and are very excited! i *think* the brown sable girl is our top choice, but we're waiting to see how their coats turn out.

we're looking for a wavy fleece girl - and i think she's it.

they are adorable no matter what! :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts