Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often should you give pumpkin yogurt treats?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
44" tall gate. She is fine except the last 2 days she has gone poop and then turns around to smell it and I am not positive but possibly licked it or ate some. I am guessing on the ate some but its weird. I have just changed her food to Canidae but everything else is normal except my hours, but she should be adjusting to the new schedule.

Why would she be interested in her poop? What can I do? I hope it was a couple freak incidents but I will be watching her.

Also along with this behavior she has gone poop in the house three times in two days without letting me know anything. She has been real good aout barking, whining, and or sitting in front of the door. One, two or all three of these ways she will tell me she needs to go, but she has just went with no warning.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
576 Posts
cracker9ball said:
44" tall gate. She is fine except the last 2 days she has gone poop and then turns around to smell it and I am not positive but possibly licked it or ate some. I am guessing on the ate some but its weird. I have just changed her food to Canidae but everything else is normal except my hours, but she should be adjusting to the new schedule.

Why would she be interested in her poop? What can I do? I hope it was a couple freak incidents but I will be watching her.

Also along with this behavior she has gone poop in the house three times in two days without letting me know anything. She has been real good aout barking, whining, and or sitting in front of the door. One, two or all three of these ways she will tell me she needs to go, but she has just went with no warning.

Any ideas?
Sadie went in her crate with no warning one day last week. She had an upset tummy though so it was a one time thing. She's almost six months so things still happen from time to time.
IF she's eating her poop, you can get charcoal tablets and add them to their food. It makes their poop smell horrible to them and they'll leave it alone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope she is not. I opened her mouth and I did not see any poop residue. I will be watching her very close. Thank you for the advice.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
You can try pineapple also. Miko is a dedicated poop eater, Jonah on occasion. It's a dog thing. Gross, but part of the joy.... :shock: Good luck!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Tyke has a thing for cat poop - we have a couple that come in our front yard, and I have to make sure Tyke doesn't pick up any "treats" when we go walking out there! YUCK! :x

·
Registered
148 Posts
The pineapple works well. Eating poop is such a gross thing. I don't understand the appeal but Rosie is a poop-fiend. Blech. We always have to watch her when out for walks.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If they poop in their crate I've read that it is instinctive to want to clean up their area. Maybe that's why.

Manchego and sometimes Brie also eat poop... not all poop, they are very selective about it :wink: I've done a lot of research and have a link or two up my sleeve but I think in my case my dogs just like it... eww...

Here is a decent link:
http://www.pet-comfort-products.com/why-dogs-eat-poop.html

I think it's easier to deal w/ a dog that is eating it's own poo though... at least you have more control over picking it up quickly or making it taste bad.

Good luck!

Sarah & the poop eaters

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gross but thank you to all the poop eating replies. Luckily I never saw Samanta eat poop, I only saw her touc her nose to it. The last two days has gone well. No more weird things happening. I plan on having a wonderfull doodle filled weekend and I hope yall do the same.

Samantha says "HI"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts