Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam puked some bile, then she went runny poo in the house, then puked up lunch outside, then squirted all over the wall and my speaker wires, then puked in the house, then puked in the house.

Help

·
Registered
593 Posts
Uh-oh... Is she acting normalish besides the above mentioned tummy issues...?

Did she get in anything?
Did you give her any kind of bones? Sam got a prime rib bone and was having poopie issues too. He was throwing up though...

We were told to take dog food and give hamburger and rice instead when doggies are sick like that...

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I would feed her rice/chicken (or hamburger) tonight for dinner (no dog food) and make sure she gets lots of water. You can give some pumpkin too. If this continues tomorrow I would get her to the vet. She may have just eaten something bad or has a small bug, but it's also possible she has some sort of obstruction (obviously this is worst case and probably not what has happened). After what we went through w/Dex I am ultra sensitive to the possibility of obstructions (so I don't mean to scare you).

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Good advice. Boiled hamburger and rice. And then keep an eye on him. Good advice on the water consumption too. Marley has a real easily upset stomach past, as well as the blockage thing. So just keep an eye on him with the advice given and go to vet if there is no sign of improvement in a day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is acting normal other than being sick. SHe is playing wit Shelly her sister for the first time in 7 weeks. She just went out and it looked like dirty water coming out her but, but really like mostly water. Other than that normal as can be.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only one of the three I have is rice. I have yogurt. I have Iams.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
the only one of the three I have is rice. I have yogurt. I have Iams.
Our doodles love plain boiled rice (don't ask me) so we just feed them rice when they have stomach problems. You could probably mix a little yogurt through it if it makes it more tasty for her :)

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
No, please take her to the vet ASAP...it may be food or upset tummy, but these are symptoms of Parvo....has she had all of her shots? Parvo acts so fast, you don't have time to lose...if she has not had her shots, get her to the vet now. If she has, then you can relax only a little...these are violent symptoms and puppies get dehydrated very fast. Call the vet to get advice, but if you are worried, take her in without delay.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much rice do I make for her? thanks for the help all

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She has been fine for about 2 hours now. Has had water, and its time for dinner. She has acted normal the whole time except she puked bile, then her food, and has very runny then water poo. She seems ok. If anything else happens I will take her in. Unless yall strongly advise that I must go now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
she ate only a few bites. How long can I leave rice and a spoon of yogurt out to see if she will eat it?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
anytime - If she wont eat it with yogart - I'd try adding some chicken broth - if you dont' have any, maybe one of your neighbors might :wink:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
PS - wouldnt hurt to get some LOW sodium chicken bouilon cubes to keep in cupboard for future use - I alwys keep them and rice in the house in case I someone gets sick or finicky :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She ate all the rice with the spoon of yogurt in it. SHe seems to be doing alot better.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
John.......at least take a STOOL SAMPLE TO the vet to rule out any worms and other things.

the bland diet is good since it easier on the digestive system
pumpkin a teaspoon is good, so is pineapple
1/4 slice of sweet potato is also soothing and loaded with vitamins

right now make sure WATER intake is good.
i'd still take a sample in just to rule out illness........they charge around $21 to do a test on the stool.

keep us posted

1 - 20 of 51 Posts