Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to share this with all of you..not exactly missing the cholesterol , but one of the yummiest things I've had in a long time!!! Yesterday, hubby and I went to a clock auction in Pittsfield,Ma., and one of the gals and I snuck? out to go get a snack....we found a place called Dotties, and she had a pastry called a 'Puffin'...it was described as a marriage between a quiche and a muffin! I asked for the recipe, and it couldn't be any easier...

For 6 Puffins:

6 slices of white bread
4 eggs
1 cup half and half
And any add-ins you want: bacon,cheese, mushrooms, onions, garlic,spinach,broccoli, etc
(getting hungry?? hahaha)

Mold the bread into the muffin tin so that the crust is rounded and on the top.
Pour in the 'quiche' mixture and bake at 350 for 35-40 min.
Then call 911!!!!! Hearty attack on a plate??? :shock: But they are sooooo good...Enjoy! :wink:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Sounds easy and yummy, my kind of recipe! Yeah, a little high calorie and high cholesterol, but once in awhile won't kill ya! :wink:

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
oh yeah, now you're talking :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have eaten at Dotties too! They had a great breakfast, but sadly I did not see the Puffin on the menu. I think that I need to try one too.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Oooh, that sounds yummy! :D

When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were going to talk about doodle "toots"! :lol: But this is much more appetizing! :wink: :lol:

G

·
Printing it out now! I made a recipe for a girls breakfast a few weeks ago and it was awful! :oops: (Too much cheese, I think so the eggs never looked cooked)
This is more my speed! :lol: Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mmmmmmm! That sounds yummy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts