Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could keep my lifelong friend, Maribeth in your prayers please.

She called me Christmas day, I've been trying to get her for a few months and couldnt reach her, which is not unusual but she returned my call to tell me - she was in hospital for a mastectomy last month, breast cancer and is now doing chemo until end of march , then radiation. It was in some of her lymphnodes, so that is scary, she is only 52

Please keep her in your prayers as she goes thru this most difficult time

when she told me she had her head shaved because her hair was falling out, it broke my heart, she has always had long, pin straight, silky blonde hair - growing up, I'd put dippity do in her hair, roll it, take it down and by the time we'd get 2 houses up to show her mom it'd be straight again, we joked that maybe her hair would come back with some curl in it - LOL. She has a very upbeat positive attidude, which is helping her cope with this, but xtra prayers can't hurt

Thanks !

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
of course i'll say prayers for her mary :D

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Prayers for Maribeth and a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Mary ... of course, prayers and good thoughts for Maribeth ... I'm glad to hear she has an upbeat attitude ... that helps tremendously! :D

we joked that maybe her hair would come back with some curl in it - LOL.
Most of the women I know who lost their hair did have curly hair when it grew back! I didn't need chemo, but joked that if I had to lose mine I'd hope it would come in straight :shock: . Current hair is fuzzy/curly! So root for curls!

And a successful recovery. All those dollars we give fpr research ... money well spent! Bless you both!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
You've gottem Mary...tenfold!!!!! Many prayes for Maribeth....that she may heal, cancer free, and keep her poisitive attitude!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
My prayers go out for your friend too.
I know several breast cancer survivors... who went through hell but came out stronger than ever. I pray your friend is one of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts