Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got two new girls named sofie and sadie. They were supposed to be 8 weeks old but my husband and I counted it up and they are just now 6 weeks :x Anyway, They haven't had any accidents in their crate but they will pee in my living room floor everytime, even if they just went out and peed. They are very smart and know what outside potty means. They will run out there and do their business first thing. Then I think its safe to bring them in for a little playtime and they pee. I know their bladders are small but when they are out of their crate I take them out every fifteen min. They slept 5 straight hours last night so I know they can hold it. Am I not supposed to have them out of their crate right now except to go out to pee. I couldn't find any good info about crate training and how it relates to potty training, so i am hoping you experts can help me. :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Your babies are young and it will take some time to train them so you have to be patient and watch them every second they are out of the crate. If they are peeing in the same spot in your living room, it may be that the urine odour is still there (even though you can't smell it, they can) and they are thinking that is an established pee spot just like their outdoor spot. You have to make sure you are using a product that totally eliminates the smell. I have tried a few different ones. Nature's Miracle worked well, but I recall someone on this forum saying they have changed the formula, so I'm not sure about it now.

Anyway - hang in there and don't expect 6 week old puppies to be trained overnight. It does take time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I am using something called petzyme. They are not going in the same place. I am right there in the floor with them while they are out, but they are quick little bugers. It doesn't help that there are two of them. When I see them I say no and take them outside and give the potty command, but they have already finished by then so they don't go. On some sites it says to leave them in their crate 24/7 except to go out to pee and some say to leave them out of the crate for playtime inside the house. Does anyone have any suggestions along those lines?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts