Labradoodle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexi is doing great and will turn 6 months in February. Her training is coming along quite nicely and she is growing like a weed :) She's been to the kennel twice (for an overnight stay) and to the groomers once. The problem is - last week was her second stay at the dog kennel because I was out of town on a business trip and couldn't carry her along. Anyway, she was fine...had no problems when I carried her, etc., but the lady at the kennel proceeded to tell me that I was feeding her all the wrong stuff (all the stuff I give her is per VET's instructions) and that they were not going to feed her what I had. Anyway, when I pick her up Monday - I noticed something weird was going on with her going to the potty and peeing. Its like she had to pee several times in a row...but nothing would come out...or it would only come out a little by little. I'm wondering if it is a UTI and/or if she picked up some kind of something from the kennel? Does anyone know or have experience with this?

Thanks a bunch :)
Emily (and Lexi too ) :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
hey, Emily, you are probably on the right track, it sounds like a UTI from here...geez, that kennel doesn't sound like a lot of fun for you OR Lexi! This is a really easily-treated problem tho, if that's it. And maybe your vet would like that feedback on the kennel? Especially if he recommended it!

Keep us posted....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad to hear Lexi is doing well! But, I think you need to change kennels!! They wouldn't feed her what you brought?! That seems a little outrageous, especially if what you feed her is per your vet's instructions.
My 9 month old had similar problems with vaginitis and urinary tract infections. Squatting to urinate with no urine production is a sign of a urinary tract or bladder infection, and when they feel they need to go several times in a row. Poor baby, these infections are painful! If this keeps up, I definately think its worth a trip/call to the vet. Good luck and keep us posted!

Bridget and Summer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts