Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dropping her off at the vet's in a few minutes to get spayed - won't be able to pick her up until tomorrow afternoon :( . I've packed her a little bag with her favorite toy, her blanket and a big t-shirt that I slept in last night to help her feel a little more at home, but I think she is still mad at me. What do you think?

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Oh my!! There had better be lots of treats ready when she gets home tomorrow....she does look angry! :shock:

Tyke.....please forgive your mommy, she really does know what's best!! Play up the "I feel bad, and you did it" look tomorrow and you'll get tons of love and kisses! Trust me, it works!!

Jonah

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hang in there Tyke!! Mom knows best, and these things are never as bad as you hear. You will up and about, creating mischief real soon!! Good luck.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just dropped her off, and got good news! :lol: :lol: :lol: The vet and her staff are leaving for a seminar at 5:00 P.M. today, so with any luck I will be able to take her home tonight after all! Vet said just to keep her crated for the night and tomorrow morning, and she should be fine. (No sleeping on the foot of the bed for a few days though!)

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
awh...she does look mad in that photo! I'm glad you can take her home today...I don't know if the spay surgery is tougher on them than a neuter, but we were able to bring ours home the same day. They both were really sleepy, but I felt better having them in a familiar place :)

G

·
Ah Tyke you look so cute when you're mad.

Tyke,
When my Mama took me to get fixed I made sure I practiced "the sad eyes" while I was recovering at the vet. When I got home I had lots of new toys and treats and Mama gave me lots of hugs and kisses. I had to wear a stupid cone thing but I ate it the first night while I was supposed to be sleeping. Here's a hint...if you don't lick your owie you won't have to wear the cone.

Woof Woof
Maya

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Oh Tyke....you are a girl with an ATTITUDE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim, good luck to you...this is always hard on doodle parents. Let us know when you get her home.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Little Tyke,

It's really not so bad! You get to sleep and sleep and then your Mom comes and covers you in kisses and hugs and everyong is very gentle
with you and you'll get treats and toys!

Now seriously DON'T LICK IT! And you'll be a-o-k in a few days! :)

Thinking good thoughts for you ... woofs and licks. Ebbe

P.S. Kim ... When you take her home give her a bit of time outside before you put her in the car.
Ebbe released her bladder big time as we left the Vet, it was if she had been holding it in all day! She'll be fine! Mary

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Tyke, no matter what picture your Mommy posts, you are just too darn cute!!! Now please don't get upset with your Mom...she knows exactly what's best for you...and this afternoon you'll be home...and getting lots of love and hugs and presents too!!! :wink:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: Just talked to the vet's office - Tyke is doing just fine, although a little goofier than usual :shock: I'm going to pick her up at 4 and take her home - then while her "grandma" babysits her, I'm going to the store to pick up some "Frosty Paws" puppy ice cream for her!!! :D :D :D

G

·
Kim I'm glad she made it through. I was waiting by the phone until my vet called me when Maya got spay. Now the fun part....keeping the lil monkey quiet for a week or so. Good luck with that!!! Maya almost had me in tears the first night as she was bouncing around the house like nothing happened!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts