Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took him to the groomers yesterday to get shaved down, he's been panting a lot, and I HATE it! I knew he'd look a little goofy, but they shaved under his eyes and left his snout longer and it just looks terrible :( They shaved his belly a little shorter, which would be fine if it didn't look all choppy. I told her that I didn't want his head and tail left all poofy and the rest shaved, but that is basically what they did. I'm going to get some good clippers and just do it myself the next time! What a waste of $60!

Before

After

[/img]

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
I honestly don't think he looks bad. Maybe try trimming his nose hair just a little bit.

Trust me - in 2 weeks you will be much happier with it :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I think I'm going to trim his nose some so it doesn't look so weird. They just cut it so close, it looks weird, you can see his skin around his eyes. The body isn't so bad, he's sooo soft!

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Did you go to Petsmart? Dex got a "bad" cut from them a month ago. He is now at the length we wanted him at (1/2 inch on his body) and I'm happy we will be able to go longer till his next cut ;)

He looks really soft!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Awww... He's still a cutie-pie!
When it grows out a little I think it will look better.
It doesn't look that bad now either, just on the short side.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lmtoth2 said:
Did you go to Petsmart? Dex got a "bad" cut from them a month ago. He is now at the length we wanted him at (1/2 inch on his body) and I'm happy we will be able to go longer till his next cut ;)

He looks really soft!!!
That is where we went. I tried to get him into the place I took him before but I couldn't get him in until Tuesday and I really wanted to get it done since he was so hot. Oh well, live and learn I guess. I think I will still trim his face some thought, it looks really weird :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think he looks wonderful, especially for a Petsmart cut. They did cut around his eyes a little close but they left his body much longer than they have ever left Copper's. I agree with Leslie, give it a couple of weeks and he will look even better.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I think he is gorgeous !!, what a sweet expression Murphy has.

I always think AB looks funny when we trim her, when they lose 3-6 inches they looks bald, but within a week I'm use to it and she is sooo soft, like a chenille blankie

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
blueteal said:
I think he is gorgeous looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DITTO!!! he's adorable!! i like his cut

if you want hand trim his fur around his nose and maybe you'll like his cut better ?otherwise I really like his cut alot

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doggonecrazy said:
I think he looks wonderful, especially for a Petsmart cut. They did cut around his eyes a little close but they left his body much longer than they have ever left Copper's. I agree with Leslie, give it a couple of weeks and he will look even better.
They gave me a thing with different fur lengths to choose from and I choose the longest one on there.

He does look/feel like chenille, and I do like that. I think it's the big head thing that is bothering me the most, and the shaving around his eyes so close. His head just looks soooooo big :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
ChasP505 said:
I think he looks just fine... Very "Continental"! I would leave it as is.
I'm with Chas ... quite handsome! And it will grow, quickly. Seems that after two weeks another trim is needed! Love the golden beard!

·
Registered
349 Posts
awwww mom..... come-on, I am still handsome, ....................... aren't I?

He is a doll babe !!! What great expression in his face.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I think he looks really cute. Hope he doesn't get sunburned on his nose in the TX sunshine! Cali was already getting really hot here two weeks ago, so I clipped her pretty short. She doesn't tolerate the heat very well.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
It will grow out. Dexter looked like this in late March...

within 2 weeks he looked SO much better! Once his body grew in, his head didn't look so big (I was calling him bobblehead doodle for a few weeks in there).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here is Copper at his worst. They cut him so short his skin showed and it was winter which is why he is wearing his boy's shirt. The purpose of my rambling is to show you how NICE Murphy really does look. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts