Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My white female pup has been the tiny one all along and she's needed a bit ot extra attention to keep well fed and such. So in the process of helping her, naturally we've gotten rather attached as well.

Now she's got a UTI so has blood in her urine and cries when she has to go. So it's off to the vet with us. Looks like we'll be keeping her in the house and spending a bit more money and time with her than the others yet. I'm just hoping we don't get so attached that we can't let her go... LOL
She's sweet as can be, so it just breaks my heart to hear her cry.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Poor baby! Hope she feels better soon! Can the vet give anything to numb the pain? That is the worst. Cali sends hugs and licks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Poor little angel. I hope she's all better soon.

Good luck not getting attached. I think that's next to impossible, right?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We're back from the vet, and it looks like I'm going to have a puppy for a while.
She's got a UTI as I suspected, but she's also got a kidney stone and her ureter is up a bit too high on her bladder which is what brought this all on. So, she's on a prescription diet for the next 6 weeks to try to disolve the stone and antibiotics for 2 weeks to get rid of the infection. Once that's all taken care of, we're going to do more tests to see if she will be ok or if she needs surgery to reposition her ureter.

So, I've got myself a puppy for a couple of months that needs special food, meds 3 times a day, and winter's coming, so she's going to be a house dog. I've already set up a crate in the kitchen for her, and won't be offering her for sale. She's going to be my project for a while at least.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Poor little sweetie. You have really had your share of obstacles lately. I hope the meds make her feel better quickly and hopefully she won't need the surgery.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Saying prayers your little doodle heals quickly

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I really hope we can avoid surgery, but if she needs it I will provide it for her. I owe her that much.

I've resigned myself to the fact that after all of this I know I'm going to be too attached to her to let her go, so we named her and explained to Moses that he's just going to have to adjust and accept her in his home.

So I'd like you all to meet Miss Lily. She's very mellow, peaceful, and white... so Lily seems to fit her.

I was quite amazed when they weighed her. She's by far the smallest of the pups and she was 9.8 lbs already! Makes me wonder what the biggest ones must be! LOL

G

·
Tink....I think you are a wonderful breeder and person taking care of that little angel. Lily is one lucky puppy to have you as a human mommy. I hope she has a speedy recovery and no future problems!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ahh Bless. She's adorable, I'm sure all will be well with her. I love her name by the way.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Welcome Lily to your new home!!!! Your Mommy will take such good cares of you, and you'll be better in no time!!!! And just to let you know...Moses will come around eventually, and will love you too!!! :wink:

P.S. She's a sweetie!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What a sweetheart - she is lucky to have been born in a home like yours...I bet she will grow up to be a wonderful doodle! ((((((Lily))))) Hugs and prayers from Tyke and me.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Lily sounds like she will be a special addition to your house. She was born to your family for a reason. Think of all the little pups who aren't so fortunate to have the care and attention. Bless you.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gene, She's more at home in the house today, and seems to enjoy checking into everything and giving it all a bit of a chew.
LOL Typical puppy!
She likes her prescription food thank goodness and lets me give her her medicine without a fight which is a plus.

I'll be glad when she stops hurting, but that could take a while with a stone. When she gets to crying over it, one of us just holds and cuddles her and she settles in nicely.

She is missing her littermates, so is very happy when we bring them in to play.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts