Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning - Grossness!

Just wondering how many times your doodles poop in a day. Sam has been pretty regular, pooping at least 4 times a day. Once when he first wakes up, after breakfast, just before dinner, and then after dinner.

Lately, I've noticed this regularity has been becoming lass regular. Last week, he missed his before dinner poop and pooped in his crate over night. He'd pooped after dinner.

Imagine his distress (and mine), having pooped all over his crate at around 3.00am.

So are your doodles regular poopers and how often do they poop? :oops:

·
Registered
670 Posts
i would say if he pooped in his crate, he really couldnt help it. Dogs will not usually poop where they sleep. That last outing for poops make sure he goes. I have a pup that poops up to 5 times a day but never in his crate. My 2 yr old is a 2 times a day pooper!

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
AB usually goes 3xd

Poor Sam, I bet he felt bad about going in Kennel - musta really had to go :cry:
Has Sam's activity level or schedule changed or feeding schedule changed?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The poor little dear was a tad distressed. He's never pooped in his crate before. That's why it came as such a surprise. Feeding schedule hasn't changed. Weather's been really really hot. Not sure if that affected his pooping.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
Weather's been really really hot. Not sure if that affected his pooping.
I don't remember Dex's pooping changing last summer, but the heat really seems to effect them so I wouldn't be surprised. Make sure he is getting lots of fluids :)

P.S. Our doodles normally poop 2-3x per day.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pixie is pretty regular. I can count on a poop first thing in the morning, again around lunchtime, and again late afternoon/early evening. She'll vary from that now and then, but it's definitely a routine. She is eating mid-morning, and again around 5pm.

Poor Sam! It can be traumatic to poop in your crate. :(

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
after reading this i really had to think a bit :lol:

after much thought..Tobi poops on the average of 4X a
day..while the older saluki is at 3X s and the little
min-pin 4 or 5 times a day..

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
OK while they're pups or in this doodle house that is

MAX 1st thing in morning poop
eat breakfast POOP
eat Dinner Poop
late night sometimes poop

as a puppy add in Lunch ....poop within 5 to 10min

Play real hard running wrestling for 15min or more........another poop

now that Max is 19mos old , the only thing changed is he does
2 to 3 poops a day

Beau is 8 mos old now,
he's a 3 to 4 pooper a day still ...and many times while playing with Max and peanut i run him out afterwards
and he lays his golden eggs hahhaaaaaaaa

·
Registered
273 Posts
Dante would poop 5x a day but as he has grown and matured he is down to 2-3x and it is much firmer. Food hasn't changed so I assume it's his system maturing. I do remember going through 1 night when he went and pooped in the hallway. It was a total anomaly. So hopefully yours was too!
Heather

1 - 10 of 10 Posts