Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again for all your warm welcomes..
Need a little poop advice, if you would all be so kind......
Dekker (12 weeks) is having 6 poops per day including 1.30 am !
95% of them are outside thank goodness. They are all akin to soft serve yuk. Anyway after reading through old posts I've been putting a spoon of pumpkin with each meal and the consistency has not changed....Mmmmm whatdah you think? Stick with the pumpkin? Less pumpkin? When did your dog's pooping subside to 3/4 times a day?

Apologies for the ice cream reference.. :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
poop

has your pup been checked recently for worms? they must be wormed on a frequent basis we do it every 2weeks generally
take a poop sample (dont need much) into vet have them test it and they can give you wormer to give your pup if needed

G

·
I would call the vet. Maya has a big problem with her stools too but pumpkin helped in the first day or so. Prior to starting pumpkin she did a round of antibiotics (metrodiazole) and a round of panacur so I was sure it wasn't worms or disease since neither of those helped even a little. Plus during the time all this was going on she gained 10lbs.

It might be the food that you are feeding him that is upsetting his tummy. Maya was on Canidae when all this started (pudding stools and often 5+ times a day) and then she switched to Blue Buffalo puppy chicken and rice with pumpkin about once or twice a week (better stools and less 3 times day max). My vet said that it might be the extra fat in the puppy food that doesn't agree with her and once she is switched to adult everything may be fine. Since she gained 10lbs in a month we are less concerned.

I know its frustrating and scarey but hang in there. Oh also I eliminated all of Maya's treats and once we got regulated on the food only I started to add them back in one at a time and then watched what happened.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Murphy was having a little trouble with runny poops too and the pumpkin really helped. I put it in his food at every meal for about 5 days, I actually just stopped today to see how it goes.

But he poops like 6 times a day! They aren't runny anymore though. He is 11 weeks today. How many poops per day are normal? He pooped first thing this morning, then about an hour later (after breakfast), then had an accident in the house an hour or two after that. That's alot of poopin'!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
the1missp said:
Thanks again for all your warm welcomes..
Need a little poop advice, if you would all be so kind......
Dekker (12 weeks) is having 6 poops per day including 1.30 am !
95% of them are outside thank goodness. They are all akin to soft serve yuk. Anyway after reading through old posts I've been putting a spoon of pumpkin with each meal and the consistency has not changed....Mmmmm whatdah you think? Stick with the pumpkin? Less pumpkin? When did your dog's pooping subside to 3/4 times a day?

Apologies for the ice cream reference.. :p
Sorry im a bit slow,, This is one our babies :)

and it IS time for worming!! he shouldnt be pooping that much and if its loose then that is the sign, i thougth we went over this, maybe not,
please email me or call im here to help :)
Do NOT change food, what im feeding will NOT cause loose poop its a great food!!
dont give pumpkin to long, its a short term treatment ,to keep the watery diarreha from causing more proplems till you can get to a vet, it doesnt sound like its watery, and it wont help if its worms, he must be wormed

call , i think we may need to talk about the 130am potty time,,and how your feeding etc

Seeking advice on the forum is great,.i would however appreciate your contacting me first, since i know our babies and what has been done thus far,,Use our experience and expertise ,,call anytime!!!day or nite
hugs Nancy :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too had major poop patrol when I first brought Cooper home. He was about 9 weeks. After 4-6 poops/day I talked with both my Vet and the breeder. His poops were normal so I knew (at least) I wasn't over feeding him. But he was eating 3 times a day and what goes in must come out!!! We couldn't leave the house! At 11 weeks we changed to 2 times a day feeding and life went back to a more "normal" life!! He now is at 3 times a day and they are very predictible! Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I'm going to rename Dekker to Sir Poopalot :lol:

It's not easy is it? I'm really trying to keep him from not "going" in the house, so I'm out A LOT. It's quite comical really, thank God it hasn't gotten too cold yet, the neighbors are used to seeing me in my jammies!!
I've put potting training my daughter on hold for now, one pooping situation at a time.
Here's hoping....

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Pip

You know the phone line is open to you anytime, steve will be happy to give you some pointers ,,remember you are the boss NOT him
hugs to sir poopsalot,,LOL
we will also get that under control, just take my advice i have pmed you thus far,,,and call me

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
i'd take a sample to the vet....worms is so common in puppies :wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sir Poopalot

Well a big thank you to Steve at Doodlesville! After talking with him last night I put my foot down. No 1.30 am walkings and certainly not a drag myself out of bed 4 am walking. He barked like mad at 5 but I stood my ground and lay cringing in bed LOL. This morning would you Adam and Eve it but a clean and dry expen!!!!! Wow am I a pleased Momma. :lol:
Let' see what happens tonight.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Good job!
I am glad that Nancy, your breeder, was here. I think it is so important to stay in touch with the breeder, so long as the breeder wants you to (incredibly, some don't!)
But Nancy is right, she knows your pup better than anyone and, better yet, she knows the parents...she can always be a great help and she is willing to step up and give you the expertise of her many years of puppy raising. I am so happy that you wrote here and that Nancy asked you to contact her...good teamwork!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts