Labradoodle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dog park today. A friend an I went near the river where the dogs had so much fun. Sofie came back with so many burrs her eye was glued shut. I thought she lost an eye at first. I had to cut her hair so much in the face it was terrible. I tried to comb them out first but she was in pain. I feal so bad for her!! pics to follow! :(

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Awww Sofie...you poor thing!!!! Hope your Dad got them all out for you and you're feeling better tomorrow!!!

Your pals,
Raleigh & Molly! :wink:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone! she looks, well, not so good. But she feels better!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
How about some nice warm compresses with a facecloth on her eyes? Or maybe it should be cold.....I would think either one would feel good to her...anyone else got any ideas on how to sooth Sofie's eyes?

·
Registered
8,336 Posts
Boric acid and warm water will soothe the eyes
for cats, dogs and horses.
2 teaspoons to 1 cup of water, dip cotton ball in and
gently wipe eye area.

·
Registered
15,203 Posts
Hope sofie feels better

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
How's Sofie doing this morning? Molly and Raleigh are sending her Doodle Hugs!! :wink:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the warm wishes. Sofie is doing very well (minus the really BAD haircut.) :roll: I cleaned out her eye with a warm washcloth. Its a little red but better. I was so worried about her yesterday! Thanks again for the advice everyone!! I will post some before and after pics at lunchtime today.

·
Banned
5,918 Posts
oh poor Sofie...that sounds aweful! Dex and Kirby both got a ton of burrs in their legs a few weeks ago and that was bad enough to get out - I can't imagine it on the face :( Glad she's doing better!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sofie Sweetie ... lots of kisses from me and licks from Ebbe. I've only found a few and they were the devil to get out. Poor Baby! I bet you look fine with your new haircut!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Happy to hear that Sofie is doing better! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Sweet Sofie's haircut looks fine. You did a great job!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts